SUMMER 2017 - ROTATING INTERNSHIP PROGRAMMACC Development
Part-time Recruitment Consultant remotely, University based – GHRGHR
Bay Leaf Kitchen Summer Culinary Assistant - UnpaidBay Leaf Kitchen
Bay Leaf Kitchen Summer Program Assistant Internship - UnpaidBay Leaf Kitchen
Program ManagerDon Bosco Hall
Online Video Class Assistant Teacher Intern (VIRTUAL OK) Skillshare Udemy - IT StartUp NYCSnowSugar Video
Assistant Project Manger (Part-time, telecommute)Noah Education Fund
Sr. Writer / Editor (Part-time, telecommute)Noah Education Fund
LITERACY COORDINATORBookmark This
2350 W HIGGINS RD
Hoffman Estates, IL
Posted: March 03 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGiGi’s Playhouse is an established series of Down Syndrome Achievement Centers. Serving children and adults of all ages, each Playhouse provides educational, therapeutic and career development programs at no charge to families; and in a format that individuals with Down syndrome learn best. All programs aim to maximize self-confidence and empower individuals to achieve their greatest potential. Founded by GiGi’s Mom in 2003, GiGi’s has grown into a network of 29 Playhouses including the first international Playhouse in Queretaro, Mexico. Last year, over 25,000 participants benefited from Playhouse programs.
JOB DESCRIPTION: LITERACY COORDINATOR (INTERN OR VOLUNTEER POSITION)
Reports to: Site Coordinator
The Literacy Coordinator is responsible for supporting and overseeing the GiGi’s Playhouse Literacy Tutoring Program. The Literacy Coordinator works collaboratively with the Site Coordinator and team of Literacy tutors to provide a high quality, outcome-driven Literacy Tutoring Program, in alignment with the program model developed by GiGi’s Playhouse, INC. S/he will demonstrate strong program management, volunteer management, strong communication skills and relationship development skills. This position requires a commitment of 4-6 hours per week. This position is a non-paid internship or volunteer position, but is a great resume builder.
• Oversees the program planning timeline to ensure deadlines and target dates are met
• Facilitates the registration process using online registration tools in Donor Perfect database, responds to all incoming inquiries and requests for program registration
• Responsible for scheduling and matching tutors with students, as well as communicating the schedule to all involved
• Maintains Literacy Program information in Donor Perfect database, including entering tutoring schedule, attendance, notes from tutors regarding tutoring sessions activities and assessments
• Responsible for maintaining the Playhouse’s Literacy library and resources; communicates with Literacy tutors regarding books and supplies
• Supports Literacy tutors and volunteers in their role with the Literacy Program
• Coordinates, schedules and facilitates trainings before each session and provides on-going training as needed
• Responds to Literacy phone calls, emails and inquiries in a timely and professional manner
RequirementsThe Literacy Coordinator role is largely administrative and requires a candidate with the following skill set:
• Background in education, recreation, psychology or social work.
• Knowledge of computers and data entry with experience using Microsoft Office suite of programs, especially Publisher, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills, positivity and enthusiasm for GiGi’s Playhouse