Brand AmbassadorsEager Academy
Behavior Technician InternSteps Therapy
Online Video Class Assistant Teacher Intern (VIRTUAL OK) Skillshare Udemy - IT StartUp NYCSnowSugar Video
Public Relations/Communications InternshipSalus University
Paid Summer InternshipVandelay Education
Sr. Writer / Editor (Part-time, telecommute)Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor (Part-time, telecommute)Noah Education Fund
MATH COORDINATORBookmark This
2350 W HIGGINS RD
Hoffman Estates, IL
Posted: March 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGiGi’s Playhouse is an established series of Down Syndrome Achievement Centers. Serving children and adults of all ages, each Playhouse provides educational, therapeutic and career development programs at no charge to families; and in a format that individuals with Down syndrome learn best. All programs aim to maximize self-confidence and empower individuals to achieve their greatest potential. Founded by GiGi’s Mom in 2003, GiGi’s has grown into a network of 29 Playhouses including the first international Playhouse in Queretaro, Mexico. Last year, over 25,000 participants benefited from Playhouse programs.
JOB DESCRIPTION: MATH COORDINATOR (INTERN OR VOLUNTEER POSITION)
Reports to: Site Coordinator
The Math Coordinator is responsible for supporting and overseeing the GiGi’s Playhouse Math Tutoring Program. The Math Coordinator works collaboratively with the Site Coordinator and team of math tutors to provide a high quality, outcome-driven Math Tutoring Program, in alignment with the program model developed by GiGi’s Playhouse, INC. S/he will demonstrate strong program management, volunteer management, strong communication skills and relationship development skills. This position requires a commitment of 4-6 hours per week. This position is a non-paid internship or volunteer position, but is a great resume builder.
• Oversees the program planning timeline to ensure deadlines and target dates are met
• Facilitates the registration process using online registration tools in Donor Perfect database, responds to all incoming inquiries and requests for program registration
• Responsible for scheduling and matching tutors with students, as well as communicating the schedule to all involved
• Maintains Math Program information in Donor Perfect database, including entering tutoring schedule, attendance, notes from tutors regarding tutoring sessions activities and assessments
• Responsible for maintaining the Playhouse’s math library and resources; communicates with math tutors regarding books and supplies
• Supports math tutors and volunteers in their role with the Math Program
• Coordinates, schedules and facilitates trainings before each session and provides on-going training as needed
• Responds to Math phone calls, emails and inquiries in a timely and professional manner
RequirementsEXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
The Math Coordinator role is largely administrative and requires a candidate with the following skill set:
• Background in education, recreation, psychology or social work.
• Knowledge of computers and data entry with experience using Microsoft Office suite of programs, especially Publisher, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills, positivity and enthusiasm for GiGi’s Playhouse