Aquarium Education InternOdySea Aquarium
SAP FICO - Training and placement Session Starts On 12/17/2016TekTaurus Education
STEM and/or Education Major Intern!!! "Esteem Leader"Esteem Girls Inc.
Environmental Education Internship - Summer seasonGrowing Gardens
Environmental Education Internship - Spring seasonGrowing Gardens
Environmental Education Internship - Full seasonGrowing Gardens
Student Admissions OfficeInternational Language Institute (ILI)
Summer Camp CounselorsCamp Weequahic
511 Ryders Ln
East Brunswick, NJ
Posted: June 19 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 30 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The Disability Allies (DA) is dedicated to providing social opportunities to connect young adults and children with and without disabilities. The Professional Mentor is a part time position. The Professional Mentor reports to the Event Manager and will help participants at our events improve their
The Professional Mentor is responsible for helping participants improve their social skills.
1. Provide guidance, motivation, emotional support, and role modeling to our participants
2. Ensure that each participant is engaged in all the activities at our events
3. Encourage participants to interact with each other
4. Develop strategies to improve the social skills of our participant
Essential functions/working conditions:
• Ability to work in a team setting
• Strong social and interpersonal skills
• Comfortable with mentoring individuals with disabilities
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to connect with others and develop relationships
• Committed to the mission of serving young adults and children with disabilities
• Ability to perform several tasks concurrently
• Strong time management and organizational skills
About the Disability Allies:
The purpose of the Disability Allies is to plan team building activities that connect young adults and children with and without disabilities. At our events we pair each individual up with a mentor. The job of the mentor is to help the participants with their social skills and insure that everyone interacts with each other. Our events are open to any young adult that has a disability, knows someone with a disability or is supportive of people with disabilities. Please visit www.disabilityallies.com to learn more.
Disability Allies Anti-Discrimination statement:
Disability Allies shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, gender identification or expression, or military status in any of its activities of operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers, and selection of vendors and provision of services.