Education Research Intern/ FellowThomas B. Fordham Institute
Child Caregiver - InternYoung Inspirations Child Care Center
TutorThe Thaddeus Foundation
Education Program internship at Truman LibraryTruman Library
Part-time Assistant ManagerKumon of Houston Heights
Postsecondary Spring 2017 InternshipEd Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
Academic Spring 2017 InternshipEd Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
Part-time/Full-time Math InstructorBookmark This
Mathnasium of Teaneck
1374 Queen Anne rd.
Posted: March 06 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMathnasium is an innovative, rapidly-expanding corporation, positioned in the educational services market. We have openings at our centers for part and full-time mathematics tutors. Hours may vary, but consist mostly of afternoons. Sunday hours available as well.
Compensation begins at $10/hr. however this number is flexible and is subject to an increase following training. You should have some experience in tutoring mathematics, be engaging with children from grades K - 12, have the ability to clearly teach mathematical concepts through Algebra and have a clear passion and enthusiasm for the subject.
Must be open to learning new ways of teaching math and working with children.
This position is also open to college students and would allow them to pursue academic credit and financial reward simultaneously.
Responsibilities- Instructing K through 12th grade students (guiding and checking work)
- Bring math to life for the students and display a visible passion for the subject
- Explain and illustrate math topics using a variety of strategies and techniques
- Assist administrators in maintaining a clean, organized and productive learning environment
Requirements- Bachelors degree (or pursuing degree) in mathematics or related field (e.g. Physics, Engineering, Economics, Finance, etc.)
- Excellent academic credentials and obvious passion for mathematics
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be willing and able to learn new teaching methods
- Ability to work well with students of all ages
- Availability a minimum of two days per week
SkillsRequired - Algebra, Geometry, Energetic, Kindness, Passionate, Computational Mathematics
Preferred - Abstract Algebra, Linear Algebra, Computational Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus, Academic Tutoring