Cannabis Industry InternCannabis Integration
Education InternTanganyika Wildlife Park
Safari Camp InternTanganyika Wildlife Park
Teach in China,No degree Necessary Plus free ticket offeredflower education
Rewrite A Curricvulum LessonEco Learning Legacies
Environmental Education Internship - Spring seasonGrowing Gardens
Marketing Intern - Content Writing & Video ProductionMompreneur Soul
Aerospace EducationSmithsonian National Air and Space Museum
Part-time/Full-time Math InstructorBookmark This
Mathnasium of Teaneck
1374 Queen Anne rd.
Posted: March 06 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMathnasium is an innovative, rapidly-expanding corporation, positioned in the educational services market. We have openings at our centers for part and full-time mathematics tutors. Hours may vary, but consist mostly of afternoons. Sunday hours available as well.
Compensation begins at $10/hr. however this number is flexible and is subject to an increase following training. You should have some experience in tutoring mathematics, be engaging with children from grades K - 12, have the ability to clearly teach mathematical concepts through Algebra and have a clear passion and enthusiasm for the subject.
Must be open to learning new ways of teaching math and working with children.
This position is also open to college students and would allow them to pursue academic credit and financial reward simultaneously.
Responsibilities- Instructing K through 12th grade students (guiding and checking work)
- Bring math to life for the students and display a visible passion for the subject
- Explain and illustrate math topics using a variety of strategies and techniques
- Assist administrators in maintaining a clean, organized and productive learning environment
Requirements- Bachelors degree (or pursuing degree) in mathematics or related field (e.g. Physics, Engineering, Economics, Finance, etc.)
- Excellent academic credentials and obvious passion for mathematics
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be willing and able to learn new teaching methods
- Ability to work well with students of all ages
- Availability a minimum of two days per week
SkillsRequired - Algebra, Geometry, Kindness, Computational Mathematics, Energetic, Passionate
Preferred - Academic Tutoring, Calculus, Linear Algebra, Trigonometry, Computational Geometry, Abstract Algebra