Education and Outreach InternSan Diego River Park Foundation
Boston Children's Hospital Instructional Design InternBoston Children's Hospital
Aquarium Education InternOdySea Aquarium
SAP FICO - Training and placement Session Starts On 12/17/2016TekTaurus Education
STEM and/or Education Major Intern!!! "Esteem Leader"Esteem Girls Inc.
Environmental Education Internship - Summer seasonGrowing Gardens
Environmental Education Internship - Spring seasonGrowing Gardens
Environmental Education Internship - Full seasonGrowing Gardens
Play Supervisor / Early Childhood EducatorBookmark This
Pamper & Play
2279 Westwood Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: December 10 2014
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPamper & Play is an indoor play and class studio with a twist—our one-of-a-kind space is dedicated to nurturing children AND pampering parents. Parents kick back in our comfy and luxurious parent loft-lounge and enjoy plush seating, complimentary coffee, tea and spa water plus free WIFI. Our friendly and professional staff of CPR-certified play supervisors will care for the kids.
And that’s not all. We offer PARENTS' TIME OUT every weekend. Kids aged 18+ months enjoy play, crafts and activities so that parents can run errands, go out on the town, take a nap or whatever!
We are searching for play supervisors to join our staff. Play supervisors aren't JUST lifeguards. They nurture, safeguard and entertain kids ages 8 months to 8 years. The position requires an energetic and responsible person who has a passion for helping families. Duties include playing with children, reading to children, leading art, craft, music and movement activities, helping kids during snack time and restroom breaks. If you want to get hands on experience with children, are majoring in early childhood development this is the postion for you!
Responsibilities1. Supervising and entertaining children while they are in the play area. Diverting children’s attention away from parents so that parents can get a break. Keeping children happy, engaged and entertained.
2. Assisting fellow play supervisors. When there is more than one person on duty that means it is necessary for both people to be diligent about doing their job. If there are two people on duty trade off supervising children and doing side jobs if at all possible.
3. Maintaining the cleanliness of the play area. Tidying up while children are playing to keep walkways clear.
4. Enforcing play area rules.
1. In the absense of a hostess, warmly greeting prospective customers and giving them a tour. ALWAYS GET AN EMAIL ADDRESS IF YOU CAN. Giving prospective customers who are looking in from outside a brochure and getting their info. Upselling services.
2. Maintaining the cleanliness of play area, restrooms, patio and upstairs lounge by doing side jobs. Wiping down toys and mirrors, dusting surfaces and table tops. Cleaning and restocking bathroom. Using job checklist as a guide for what needs to be done.
3. Going the extra mile to pamper parents! Assisting parents as they come in and as they leave. If parents sense that we are bonding with their child, they are more likely to come back for supervised or drop off play. SHOW THEM WE CARE!
RequirementsEarly Childhood Education coursework
Willingness to work at least one weekend a month for four hours
Willingness to be on call at least twice a month