Education Research Intern/ FellowThomas B. Fordham Institute
Child Caregiver - InternYoung Inspirations Child Care Center
TutorThe Thaddeus Foundation
Education Program internship at Truman LibraryTruman Library
Part-time Assistant ManagerKumon of Houston Heights
Postsecondary Spring 2017 InternshipEd Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
Academic Spring 2017 InternshipEd Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
Polliwog Preschool Interns– Mercer Slough Environmental Education CenterBookmark This
Pacific Science Center
1625 118th Avenue SE
Posted: September 12 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLocated on a biologically diverse 320-acre wetland nature park in the heart of urban Bellevue, WA, the Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center is a collaboration between the City of Bellevue and Pacific Science Center. Polliwog Preschool is a Mercer Slough program for preschoolers (3-5 years old). At Polliwog Preschool we focus on developing the whole child - socially, emotionally, mentally and physically - while initiating them into a lifelong, meaningful relationship with the natural world. The program is play-based and student-driven with stations to choose from, discovery exploration times and specific activities that relate to a new theme each week.
• Assist Polliwog Preschool Educators by interacting with students during free play times, modeling and reinforcing positive behaviors
• Engage students in investigations, imaginative play, and cooperative interactions with other students
• Model “Leave No Trace” environmental education principles for students
• Demonstrate and support students’ appreciation for the natural world, and aid students in positively and safely interacting with the park’s flora and fauna.
• Greet parents and students
• Safely move the group from place to place, and ensuring that students are properly dressed for the weather conditions
• 18+ years old
• Pass a criminal background check
• Provide three references (one or more being a professional reference)
• Commit to volunteering at least once a week for at least 6 months