Student Admissions OfficeInternational Language Institute (ILI)
Summer Camp CounselorsCamp Weequahic
Math/Computer science internshipEvergreen Academy of Math and Computer Science
Nature Small Farm Veterinary for Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Outdoor Education STEM Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Performing Arts/Drama Specialty Leader Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Arts Specialty Leader Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Camp North Star
Pre-K Teacher AssistantBookmark This
Inspired Minds STEAM Academy, INC.
696 Mt. Zion Road Ste 10-B Jonesboro
Posted: April 24 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUnpaid internship that could lead to job opportunity!
Inspired Minds S.T.E.A.M. Academy is a safe, nurturing, and scholarly environment for your child to learn and grow. In our STEAM Program, children will learn Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) & social skills to prepare them for life-long learning.
* Monday-Friday 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
* Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum for ages: 2 years to 5 years.
* LOW child-to-teacher ratios.
* After-school Enrichment Program for children 5 to 12 years of age.
* Private Pre-K
* Highly-qualified teachers.
ResponsibilitiesThe Teacher Assistant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Greets each child in a warm and friendly manner.
2. Assist with interacting with children and encourages their involvement in activities.
3. Assist with providing a warm, safe, and caring environment that is kept orderly, clean, and appealing. The environment should allow the child to grow and to explore.
4. Assist with Planning, preparing, and implementing daily activities (indoor/outdoor) as they relate to the curriculum.
5. Assist with classroom supervision.
6. Providing supervision of toileting and bathroom time.
7. Assist with mealtime/snack time activities
8. Maintains good communication with parents on a daily basis through the use of daily sheets, notes, or verbally.
9. Works with other staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere.
10. Ensures confidentiality of privileged information.
11. Maintains adherence to all company policies and procedures, including agency safety requirements.
12. Be punctual and timely.
RequirementsMust be knowledgeable in math and science as well as experience with working with children ages 2 to 5 years. Early childhood education major strongly preferably.
SkillsRequired - Basic Computer Skills
Preferred - Smartboard, Document Capture