Desire to be an entrepreneur in Education?Minds of the Future Academy
HCOP Pre-Health ScholarsHealth Careers Opportunity Program
Course Content Developer InternLaureate Education
(((*EXCITING OPPORTUNITY* ))) - WIN - "Writing Is Necessary" Project AssistantNext Level Publishing
Writer / Editor (Part-time, telecommute)Noah Education Fund
Art TeacherMiftaahul Uloom Academy
Outreach Leader InternNextGenVest
PROGRAM COORDINATORBookmark This
2350 W HIGGINS RD
Hoffman Estates, IL
Posted: March 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGiGi’s Playhouse is an established series of Down Syndrome Achievement Centers. Serving children and adults of all ages, each Playhouse provides educational, therapeutic and career development programs at no charge to families; and in a format that individuals with Down syndrome learn best. All programs aim to maximize self-confidence and empower individuals to achieve their greatest potential. Founded by GiGi’s Mom in 2003, GiGi’s has grown into a network of 29 Playhouses including the first international Playhouse in Queretaro, Mexico. Last year, over 25,000 participants benefited from Playhouse programs.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PROGRAM COORDINATOR (INTERN OR VOLUNTEER POSITION)
Reports to: Site Coordinator
The Program Coordinator is responsible for helping the Site Coordinator lead, plan and implement GiGi’s Playhouse Therapeutic-based programs for individuals with Down syndrome and their families at our Hoffman Estates location. S/he will help design and implement curriculum and activities, host special family events, secure supplies, schedule and market programs, and more. S/he is the point person along with the Site Coordinator for all local programming implementation and delivery. S/he will also help manage and support volunteer program leaders and assistants. S/he will demonstrate strong program management, volunteer management, strong communication skills and relationship development skills. This position requires a commitment of 4-6 hours per week. This position is a non-paid internship or volunteer position, but is a great resume builder.
• Serves as the primary contact for all Program Leaders. Contacts each Program Leader before & after each program to support program delivery. This may include the following: confirm the schedule, maintain engagement, recognize & celebrate Program Leaders, ensure they have the tools needed to carry out outcome-driven programs, plan and facilitate trainings, and reflect on program success.
• Oversees the Playhouse program and event schedule.
• Regularly attends programs to give feedback and aids Program Leader in facilitating program enhancements.
• Communicates volunteer needs to the Volunteer Coordinator before each New Volunteer Orientation and works collaboratively to fill all volunteer openings in programs.
• Trains all new program leaders and assistants.
• Reviews program participation reports on a monthly basis and works collaboratively with Site Coordinator to increase participation.
• Surveys Playhouse families to know the needs and availability of families.
• Responds to program phone calls, emails and inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
RequirementsThe Program Coordinator role is largely administrative and requires a candidate with the following skill set:
• Background in education, recreation, psychology or social work.
• Knowledge of computers and data entry with experience using Microsoft Office suite of programs, especially Publisher, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills, positivity and enthusiasm for GiGi’s Playhouse