Educational InternshipThe New Century School
Classroom Instructor- TeensBaron Education
needed ba(H) maths student who can record videos for class X mathematicsmathshelp
Educational Arts Programming for Children and HR InternKid Spot
Marketing, Social Media and Business Development InternKid Spot
Education & Volunteer Programs InternshipCat Depot
Professional Assistant-prevention deptstand out corp
Family Engagement InternshipSpringfield Museums
Project & Data InternBookmark This
335 Adams Street
Posted: April 21 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout Achievement First:
Achievement First, a non-profit 501(c)3 charter school management organization, operates 29 public charter schools in Brooklyn, Connecticut and Rhode Island. The mission of Achievement First is to close the achievement gap and deliver on the promise of equal educational opportunity for all children, regardless of race or economic status. Achievement First currently educates more than 9,500 students in historically underserved neighborhoods, with over 90% of our students identifying as Black and Latino. With its college-preparatory focus, the Achievement First approach is attaining breakthrough academic gains throughout the network. Beyond our students and schools, Achievement First is an engaged and prominent partner in the larger conversation about how to improve public education and student achievement in our country.
Achievement First’s approach to teaching and learning enables every student to succeed at the highest levels.
• Recruiting and developing successful teachers and school leaders and empowering them to use student data to strategically drive instruction;
• Creating a joyful school culture where it is “cool to be smart” that emphasizes character education and focuses students on college;
• Providing students with more time on task and intense intervention when they are struggling so that no child falls through the cracks.
For more information about Achievement First’s mission, approach, schools and team, please visit our website at www.achievementfirst.org.
The Project and Data Intern works with Team Systems & Infrastructure, reporting directly to the Director of Systems & Operations. The internship is an excellent opportunity for someone with either a technical and/or education background who is interested in education data systems, operations, and technology at the network/district level. The internship will provide opportunities to develop project management and technical skills, and gain insight into the policies and operations of a high performing charter management organization (CMO).
The intern will play a key role in ensuring that Achievement First schools and their leaders have access to systems, data, and support in order to meet their goals and objectives. The intern will directly interact with school-based operations teams and support ongoing projects across the Systems & Infrastructure team, including Infinite Campus (student information system), Athena (assessment platform), and Kickboard (school culture system). The intern will also have the opportunity to assist with data and system launch projects, and will play a role in some external data reporting.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities of the Intern will include, but are not limited to:
• Provide communication and technical support to ongoing data integrity projects
• Develop and edit training documentation for school-based users
• Work with the Director of Systems & Operations to determine systems development priorities
• Assist with the launch of a new enterprise assessment management system
• Play a key role in producing data reports for schools, internal stakeholders, and external audiences
• Manage ad-hoc projects and develop project management documentation related to AF education systems
Skills and Characteristics
• Enthusiasm for learning about education data systems and the internal operations of schools/CMOs
• Knack for customer service support and a “whatever it takes” approach
• A self-starter attitude and a creative problem solver who looks for solutions
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to juggle and manage multiple tasks and projects
• Superior written and oral communication skills
• Advanced Excel skills a plus
• Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, and a sense of humor
RequirementsEducational Background and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required, current undergraduate students may apply
• Previous work or internship experience with data management or systems a plus
• Previous teaching, training and/or communication-centered work experience a plus