Online English Teacher/ESL Teacher, $16-20/hrFunbulous
ReceptionistIdeal school of allied healthcare
Online ESL TeachersTeach for the Future
Part-time Recruitment Consultant remotely, University based – GHRGHR
Museum Educator Internship - Fall & Winter 2017 AvailableAACA Museum Inc.
Summer Holiday Part-time Job ProvidedShanxi Langather Technology Co.Ltd.
Student Teaching InternLloyd Preparatory School, Inc.
Specialized Tests Question DeveloperP.Y.E. Education Center
Secondary History TeacherBookmark This
City of North Miami Beach (Library Department)
1601 NE 164th Street
North Miami Beach, FL
Posted: August 24 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSUMMARY: Suitable candidates should have previous experience and a thorough knowledge of international history. They should have an international outlook and show enthusiasm for history as well as the ability to inspire the same enthusiasm in high school students. The duties will include creating interesting, motivating and differentiated lesson plans for students struggling with AP American History and AP World History, as well as serve the community by responding to research questions, and supporting the library staff.
ResponsibilitiesPLANS CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
• Draws on content standards of the relevant curriculum frameworks to plan sequential units of study, individual lessons, and learning activities that make learning cumulative and advance students' level of content knowledge
• Draws on results of formal and informal assessments as well as knowledge of human development to identify teaching strategies and learning activities appropriate to the specific discipline, age, level of English language proficiency, and range of cognitive levels being taught
• Plans lessons with clear objectives and relevant measurable outcomes
• Draws on resources from the community to enhance learning
• Incorporates appropriate technology and media in lesson planning
DELIVERS EFFECTIVE INSTRUCTION
• Makes learning objectives clear to students
• Communicates clearly in writing and speaking
• Uses engaging ways to begin a new unit of study or lesson
• Builds on students' prior knowledge and experience
PROVIDES REFERENCE ASSISTANCE
• Communicates clearly with public to answer their questions
• Prepares lists of materials that would be useful to the community and library collection
• Supports the Library Reference Staff by providing coverage at Reference Desk and assisting public
• Junior, senior or graduate status, pursuing a Secondary Education degree (grades 6 - 12) with an interest or minor in History
• 15+ hours of availability per week
• This is an unpaid internship that may be taken for college credit, check with your school’s academic advisor