Marketing & Publicity InternWorldTeach
Camp Employee- General Counselor/Specialty Counselor/Area Director/Group LeaderTrail's End Camp
(((*FAST PACE INTERNSHIP* ))) - WIN - "Writing Is Necessary" Project AssistantNext Level Publishing
Teaching and Learning InternOregon Dept. of Education - Oregon School for the Deaf
Intern for Cosmetic AcademyAcademy of Advanced Cosmetics
Oral Health Community EducatorEsperanca, Inc.
Museum Educator Internship - Spring & Summer 2017 AvailableAACA Museum
Student Success ManagerBookmark This
88 1st Street
San Francisco, CA
Posted: November 16 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDo you want to help students achieve their dreams of attaining higher education? Are you a great writer and an effective communicator? Then we want YOU as our Student Success Manager!
Schoold (www.schoold.co) is a big data driven college and career counseling app that provides tailored college and career recommendations for its users. It also predicts students’ admission chances, cost calculation, as well as generates future income potential. Once you provide some information about yourself, you get instant results that are relevant to you. Schoold is your Counselor, Banker, and Advisor - Right in your pocket!
We are looking for college graduates with excellent writing and communication skills to join our team of Schoold Coaches. In this role, you will help prospective and existing students navigate the college and college applicant process. This is a great opportunity to develop skills in content creation, copy editing, and web publishing. You will also be in a unique position to affect the development of the Schoold product by providing feedback to our team.
If you are highly skilled and ambitious, your responsibilities and opportunities will only increase and expand (think marketing, social media, and more!)
· Provide guidance to prospective and existing students about the college pathway, admissions, financial aid, and college experience through virtual chat
· Write and edit user-facing articles, information, and FAQs
· Help identify FAQ articles that need to be written based on common user issues, questions, and pain points
· Attend regular team meetings (virtually via video chat, 1-2 times per month)
· Collaborate with team members on best practices
· Remote and onsite opportunities available
Requirements· Passionate about higher education counseling
· 1+ year experience helping students in college admissions, college transfer, and/or academic counseling
· Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills (you will be required to pass a grammar and editing test)
· Strong ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
· Computer and reliable internet access
· Attitude: collaborative, responsive, self-motivated, driven, independent
· Bachelor's Degree required
· 5+ hours of weekend availability highly preferred
· Must be able to commit to 15 hours of work per week, but you will generally be able to create your own schedule and choose when you work