Education Research Intern/ FellowThomas B. Fordham Institute
Child Caregiver - InternYoung Inspirations Child Care Center
TutorThe Thaddeus Foundation
Education Program internship at Truman LibraryTruman Library
Part-time Assistant ManagerKumon of Houston Heights
Postsecondary Spring 2017 InternshipEd Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
Academic Spring 2017 InternshipEd Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
VOLUNTEER TEACHER FOR NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONBookmark This
CP Online Solutions
Posted: May 26 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNature of the Position:
We are the non-profit organization to teach children from 4 year old to 12th grades. We are looking for teachers who have hearts and passion towards children. We gather on every Sundays from 10 am to 1 pm at the location of Bayside, Queens, New York.
As a teacher, we have a team work to offer an atmosphere and experience to the
Children in your care that will teach, nurture and help them develop as individuals and as a community.
1. We have unique and innovative curriculums and programs. You will learn how teachers decide the innovative pedagogy as customized to each child.
2. Since it is volunteer job, your name will be recorded when we report to the public as core teachers. All recommendation letters will be fully supported.
3. Travelling cost and lunch will be provided. (after 6 month volunteer, you will have a chance to be a paid-staff)
4. There is an opportunity to have 2016 Scholarship from the denomination of United Methodist Church.
Responsibilities1. prepare for classes using the assigned curriculum
2. deliver/teach the program on scheduled Sundays
3. classroom set-up and returning the room previous form after the class
4. maintain a safe educational environment for children and teachers interact with parents communicate with parents if their children are disruptive to the program (in keeping with the code of conduct)
5. report concerns to the Sunday School Coordinating pastor
6. assist with Christmas pageant and other special events
7. attend teachers' meetings
RequirementsSkills & Experience:
1. enjoys working with children
2. an ability to engage and communicate with children
3. a willingness to work with curriculum provided or other approved alternate resource
4. an ability to work and communicate with parents and co-teachers