Math/Computer science internshipEvergreen Academy of Math and Computer Science
Nature Small Farm Veterinary for Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Outdoor Education STEM Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Performing Arts/Drama Specialty Leader Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Arts Specialty Leader Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Camp North Star
Educador de EstuarioSan Juan Bay Estuary Program
Early Childhood Teacherwww.GoddardSchool.com
Swim InstructorBookmark This
Hillcrest Event Center
16260 East 350th Street
Posted: January 12 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Hillcrest Event Center is seeking enthusiastic individuals who will provide fun, effective and safe swim instruction for class participants of different ages and skill levels. Hillcrest Event Center offers the American Red Cross Swimming and Water Safety Program. The objective of the program is to teach people to swim and to be safe in, on, and around the water.
Responsibilities• Ability to effectively demonstrate all swimming strokes and skills being taught to participants
• Leads group, private and semi-private swim lessons to all ages and ability levels.
• Creates a fun and inviting learning environment to ensure a positive member experience.
• Monitor participant(s) through perceived rate of exertion and response to instructor s
• Interact with participant(s) before, after, and during lessons to address their questions and
• Builds strong relationships with participants and continually recommends classes based on skill levels.
• Maintain current CPR, approved WSI Swim Instructor Certification, approved Basic First Aid, and approved Basic Water Rescue Training (BWR)
• Bending, squatting, jumping, walking, running, diving
Requirements• 1- 3 years of experience swim instructing and/or coaching preferred.
• American Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED for Infants, Youth and Adults certification. Lifeguard certification preferred.
• Comfortable working with all age groups, including children
• Excellent customer service skills, energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational