Education Research Intern/ FellowThomas B. Fordham Institute
Child Caregiver - InternYoung Inspirations Child Care Center
TutorThe Thaddeus Foundation
Education Program internship at Truman LibraryTruman Library
Part-time Assistant ManagerKumon of Houston Heights
Postsecondary Spring 2017 InternshipEd Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
Academic Spring 2017 InternshipEd Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
Teaching AssistantBookmark This
1666 W 12th Ave
Posted: March 06 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Teacher’s Assistant works with Riverfront middle school students in a small group format and on an individualized basis to provide instruction in a variety of academic areas.
Responsibilities1. Provide classroom instruction in a small group format.
2. Assist students in a small group or one-on-one setting to complete assignments.
3. Convey student progress to the teacher.
4. Correct assignments.
5. Assist students complete special projects.
6. Report any behavioral concerns to teacher or program director.
7. Enforce school rules.
8. Supervise students during lunch and snack breaks.
9. Maintain confidentiality.
10. Serve as a positive role model.
11. Completes other duties as assigned.
Requirements1. Currently enrolled in college.
2. Previous training, education or experience in instructional techniques helpful.
3. Ability to work with at-risk youth and youth with special education needs.
4. Ability to work with youth with varying academic skill levels helpful.
5. Experience with youth from diverse backgrounds helpful.
SkillsRequired - At-risk Youth, Assistant Teaching, Client Confidentiality
Preferred - Basic Spanish