Part-time Recruitment Consultant remotely, University based – GHRGHR
fall semester internshipwww.collegenode.com
Esteem Leader-STEM summer camp counselor (internship)Esteem Girls Inc.
Promotions CoordinatorWendelken Piano Studio, Inc
Marketing InternBeautiful Mandarin Language Institute
Kids Fringe InternshipChicago Fringe Festival
Children's Story Writer and Cirriculumn InternAlesa's English
Immediate Job Openings -- Perfect for Students!Job Openings In Florida
Volunteer Program Intern (Fall or academic year)Bookmark This
English At Large
800 W Cummings Park, STE 5550
Posted: August 30 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFounded in Lexington, MA in 1970, English At Large is a non-profit that provides individual and small group instruction through a volunteer network to adult immigrants and other newcomers who want to acquire English language skills as they adapt to life in the United States. Our vision is that newcomers to the United States will develop the English language skills and acquire the cultural knowledge needed to fully engage in their communities and fulfill their life goals.
To learn more visit: http://www.englishatlarge.org
Facebook: English At Large
1. One-on-one supervision
2. Opportunities to attend internal/external individual and group professional development
3. Small and friendly office environment
4. Opportunity to be a part of a team of college, graduate, and professional-level interns
5. Work with English language learners
ResponsibilitiesThe Volunteer Program Intern will work directly with the Volunteer Coordinator to support the tutoring and conversation group programs. He/she will manage attendance and waiting lists for English conversation groups and one to one tutoring, communicate with volunteers and new students as needed, enter data and manage files. Potential projects include designing procedures to enhance volunteer pool and promote retention as well as creating tools for program evaluation. Ability to communicate clearly via phone and e-mail a must; an "ear" for foreign accents is helpful.
This position is a good fit for those seeking to gain experience in project management, volunteer management, communications/marketing, program development, program evaluation, non-profit management, and administration.
The Volunteer Program Intern has two sets of responsibilities:
1. Manage attendance and waiting lists for English conversation groups and one-to-one tutoring
2. Conduct telephone screenings with learners on one one-to-one tutoring waitlist
3. Communicate with volunteers and learners by phone and email
4. Enter data into internal and state databases, manage files, and perform general office administration duties as needed.
5. Conduct TABE Clas-E or Best Plus assessments for the organization
6. Manage the EAL “volunteer” and “learn” email accounts
7. Potential projects include:
a. Design procedures to enhance volunteer pool and promote retention
b. Create tools for program evaluation
c. Develop training materials for volunteers
1. Collaborate with Volunteer Coordinator and the Director of Volunteer Engagement on volunteer recruitment efforts
2. Identify community organizations, associations, and groups that may offer potential volunteer tutor pools within English At Large service area
3. Provide information to community leaders and potential volunteers about English At Large services, goals, and volunteer responsibilities
4. Assist in the development/design of outreach materials, distribute materials to create increased visibility and interest in English At Large in our communities
Other tasks as determined by Volunteer Coordinator
1. Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and patiently over phone and e-mail are a must
2. Organized and detail-oriented; motivated and self-directed
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred; familiarity with Microsoft Access and Google Drive a plus; an "ear" for foreign accents is helpful
4. Fluency in another language a plus
5. Must have a car & valid driver’s license