Essay EditorsDreamGo Inc
Education Intern at the Children's Creativity MuseumChildren's Creativity Museum
Sr. Writer / Editor (Part-time, telecommute)Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor (Part-time, telecommute)Noah Education Fund
2017 Boston Summer Teaching FellowshipGeneration Teach Inc.
2017 Western MA Summer Teaching FellowshipGeneration Teach Inc.
Ropes Course InstructorSummit Camp & Travel
Education & Volunteer Programs InternshipCat Depot
Work in Palestine as a Youth Development InternBookmark This
La Casa Learning Center
Posted: December 14 2015
Company Location: Hebron, KY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 12 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe International Youth Development Program provides an opportunity to combine a passion for child and youth development and community work with practical experience in the Middle East. Interns are immersed in Palestinian culture, program development and delivery, and an intercultural work environment.
Through the Youth Development project, internationals are able to assist students in various aspects of their path to success. You may offer social, academic, and educational support to Palestinian students. Additionally you will be able to participate in multiple field trips each term. These trips are fun and informative, and are a great way to explore different parts of the surrounding area.
Please also checkout the other programs which we offer. We do allow interns/volunteers to do a mixture of programs. For example, you are able to do the Intensive Arabic Program while Teaching English. Or, you may want to only do the Teach English and Learn Arabic program for one month then switch to a different program. Please contact us to discuss these options.
*Please be aware that this internship is located in Hebron, Palestine
ResponsibilitiesYour work life will consist of the following activities:
- Educational activities such as organizing weekly workshop for the Palestinian community on different subjects e.g. culture differences, how to write resumes, how to write formal emails
- Teaching English at the Center, and helping other teachers in preparing classes outlines
- Administrative activities such as helping La Casa center staff and interns in writing reports, making schedules, printing materials for the classes etc
- Helping La Casa staff in building and strengthening community and international relations
- Organizing fun and entertaining activities for La Casa students