Marketing & Publicity InternWorldTeach
Camp Employee- General Counselor/Specialty Counselor/Area Director/Group LeaderTrail's End Camp
(((*FAST PACE INTERNSHIP* ))) - WIN - "Writing Is Necessary" Project AssistantNext Level Publishing
Teaching and Learning InternOregon Dept. of Education - Oregon School for the Deaf
Intern for Cosmetic AcademyAcademy of Advanced Cosmetics
Oral Health Community EducatorEsperanca, Inc.
Museum Educator Internship - Spring & Summer 2017 AvailableAACA Museum
Work in Palestine as a Youth Development Intern 2016Bookmark This
La Casa Learning Center
1923 n 18th street
New York, NY
Posted: July 21 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 12 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe International Youth Development Program provides an opportunity to combine a passion for child and youth development and community work with practical experience in the Middle East. Interns are immersed in Palestinian culture, program development and delivery, and an intercultural work environment.
Through the Youth Development project, internationals are able to assist students in various aspects of their path to success. You may offer social, academic, and educational support to Palestinian students. Additionally you will be able to participate in multiple field trips each term. These trips are fun and informative, and are a great way to explore different parts of the surrounding area.
Please also checkout the other programs which we offer. We do allow interns/volunteers to do a mixture of programs. For example, you are able to do the Intensive Arabic Program while Teaching English. Or, you may want to only do the Teach English and Learn Arabic program for one month then switch to a different program. Please contact us to discuss these options.
*Please be aware that this internship is located in Hebron, Palestine
ResponsibilitiesYour work life will consist of the following activities:
- Educational activities such as organizing weekly workshop for the Palestinian community on different subjects e.g. culture differences, how to write resumes, how to write formal emails
- Teaching English at the Center, and helping other teachers in preparing classes outlines
- Administrative activities such as helping La Casa center staff and interns in writing reports, making schedules, printing materials for the classes etc
- Helping La Casa staff in building and strengthening community and international relations
- Organizing fun and entertaining activities for La Casa students