Energy Technology Venture Capital - Solar/LED Research InternBookmark This
DescriptionNEXT Ventures, an upstart energy technology venture capital firm is looking for an intern to help with the fund’s inception. The intern will get the chance to be part of an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of a leading energy technology VC fund. The fund will invest in early stage energy & clean energy technologies emerging from universities and national labs and help build them into transformative energy companies. The Solar/LED Research intern will perform critical research that will help dictate the fund’s early strategy. Specifically the intern will help research emerging technology areas and market opportunities in the solar and LED sectors.
Note, given the high number of applicants we are unfortunately unable to respond to every application. Please only apply if you have direct academic, research, or professional experience in the electrical engineering sector (if you have different experience, we have a couple of other internships that could be a better fit).
Responsibilities- Work with team to help craft initial fund strategy
- Assist with researching key topics that will help shape strategy in the solar & LED sectors
- Synthesize research in well-organized summaries
Requirements- Passion for energy & technology
- Experience at synthesizing research from numerous sources
- Significant coursework or professional experience in electrical engineering
- Familiarity with the solar or LED industries a significant plus
- Experience in MS Office
- Prior professional experience a plus but not required
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Minimum GPA of 3.0, 3.5+ preferred (if below 3.5 please include note of explanation in short cover letter)