2017 Summer Internship - Technology - Englewood, COCharter
EE internship to evaluate wireless power systemsNorthern Imagination LLC
Energy Efficiency Consultant InternSmartech LED, Inc.
Electrical Engineering InternshipPassaic Valley Sewerage Commission
Embedded Project Management InternAccess Control Group
Engineering/Robotics Intern TeamUnique Software Development LLC
Electrical Engineer InternVictorise
Electrical Engineer- InternLightning Motorcycle
Embedded Systems/ Firmware Engineer- InternBookmark This
933 American Streeet
San Carlos, CA
Posted: September 18 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLightning Motors Corp. has been involved in researching and manufacturing electric two wheeled transportations for more than 6 years. We build the fastest production motorcycle in the world, won many road racing competitions and set several world speed records. Our solutions are used in various applications, from fuel cell hybrid electric buses, hybrid cars, electric motorcycle, electric ATV, electric yard trucks for ferrying shipping containers, professional ocean racing sailboat and many other areas. Our mission has been to build 2 wheel electric transportation (E2W) that has superior efficiency, performance, and affordability than current gasoline alternatives.
This position is for Local candidates only.
Responsibilities- Design and develop firmware and software for innovative and highly optimized vehicle controllers and sensors.
- Design and implement protocols to enhance subsystem communications.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, state machines, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Help define requirements for motor control software and interfacing hardware components including voltage and current sensors, power stages, speed sensors
- Evaluate and integrate software from 3 rd party vendors.
- Design of embedded systems written primarily in the C language.
- Experience with real-time operating systems and embedded hardware.
- Experience with CAN bus systems and associated tools.
- Familiar with the embedded microprocessor design process: compilers, debuggers, IDE and source code control.
- Experience integrating sensor I/O.Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
Requirements- Experience in C programming on severely resource-constrained platforms.
- Knowledge of microcontroller architectures.
- Knowledge of digital and analog circuit design.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles..
- Experience using debuggers, oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
- Experience creating device drivers for peripherals like external memories and sensors.
- Experience with power-management.
- Experience with industry protocols like SPI, I2C as well as CAN protocol.
- Experience using software version control tools and processes
- Self-motivated, innovative and persistent; problem solver who does not accept failure.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Masters of Science in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering with hands on experience working with embedded systems.
- Digital signal processing
- Hands-on skills: PCB design, wire harnesses, etc.
- Security algorithms, cryptography etc, wireless technologies, specifically RF, Bluetooth
- System-oriented understanding of thermal, vehicle-level torque control, high voltage DC-link integration, efficiency optimization, and firmware integration for electric drives