DSP Engineering InternBookmark This
8760 South Sandy Parkway
DescriptionHarman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. It is the parent company behind an array of legendary brands that includes Harman Kardon®, JBL®, Mark Levinson® and Infinity®.The Company has developed, both internally and through a series of acquisitions, a range of product offerings. It operates in three segments: Automotive, Consumer and Professional. The Automotive segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, electronic and infotainment systems for vehicle applications primarily to be installed as original equipment by automotive manufacturers. The Consumer segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, video and electronic systems for home, mobile and multimedia applications. The Professional segment designs, manufactures and markets loudspeakers and electronic systems used by audio professionals in concert halls, stadiums, airports, houses of worship and theme attractions. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
This position is responsible for assisting CTG DSP engineers with the design, implementation, and testing of advanced audio signal processing algorithms.
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
• Assists senior engineers with audio signal processing algorithm development
• Uses mathematics and DSP theory to develop, evaluate, propose new algorithms and develop novel solutions
• Uses Matlab, VST plugins, and other tools to prototype and evaluate signal processing algorithms
• Writes and debugs code in Matlab, C, C++ and assembly
• Collects, evaluates and provides reports on relevant research papers or topics
• Creates and runs tests, automatic test frameworks
This position requires the incumbent to be a Junior or Senior level in an Engineering or Computer Science Program.
• Active enrollment and good academic standing in accredited Masters degree program in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in digital signal processing
• Desire to work in acoustics and audio signal processing
• Ability to use Matlab and Simulink
• Ability to program in C, C++
• Strong ability in mathematics including various transforms (Fourier, etc.), frequency and time domain analysis, sampling theory, non-linear systems, stochastic processes
• Ability to search, read, and interpret research papers, patents, articles from a variety of sources
• Ability to function in a team environment.
• Ability to effectively present information to management and co-workers.
• Willingness to work in an office in Sandy, UT
• Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test