Create and develop an innovative agricultural project framework to operate in Mali, West AfricaAgile International
Engineering InternshipCommercial Vehicle Group, Inc.
Optics Engineer Intern - PaidPDS Tech, Inc.
Systems, Aerospace, Mechanical, Engineering Undergraduate/GraduateLZ Technology, Inc.
Summer Intern - EngineerHigh Rise Fire & Security
Electrical/Computer Engineer (FALL Part Time -OR- Full Time)Bookmark This
140 E Tyler St Suite 250
Full-Time Entry-Level Jobs
Full-Time Internships - Fall Semester
Part-Time Internships - Fall Semester
Based in Longview, Texas, STAR CO performs research and development in the areas of electronics, software, optics and mechanics. The company works in the areas of computer hardware, software, LCDs, LEDs and other devices manufactured and deployed by the world's largest, high-tech corporations. STAR CO is also involved in emerging technology development, such as renewable green technology for housing and self-sustainable farming, among other technologies.
The Electrical and Computer Engineers at STAR CO have a unique chance to develop ideas and concepts for new technology in a world that is rapidly evolving. STAR CO aims to be at the forefront of technology development, making an impact both on the world at large and in the local community. In the STAR CO culture, creativity and uniqueness are encouraged, which allows our employees to be somewhat autonomous when working on projects.
Both Electrical and Computer Engineers will have the opportunity to create and develop new technology in current and emerging fields leading to the development of products that will be brought to the market place. This type of work will require the engineers to be creative and innovative in ideas and designs, allowing for changes in project direction as the product life cycle progresses. While synergetic teamwork will be emphasized in the work place and likely required at times, the engineers should be self-motivated and be able to work independently and/or with minimal supervision. The engineers will be responsible for a project over the entire course of the product lifecycle, which may range from concept creation to prototyping to outsourcing and final distribution.
Creating new and innovative technologies requires the ability to cohesively devise designs combining analog and digital hardware with low level programs. As such, electrical/computer engineers with a broad knowledge of electronics, software and a working knowledge of the relationship between hardware and software are strongly encouraged to apply. Additionally, any experience with microcontrollers, digital signal processing will be valuable in understanding and developing projects. All engineers will be expected to have an understanding of basic programming and hardware design concepts.
Responsibilities1. Research current designs and products available in the marketplace.
2. Compile information, including technical specifications.
3. Create and innovate new concepts and designs.
4. Submit invention disclosures and keep inventor's notebook current.
5. For chosen projects, work on proof of concept, prototyping, outsourcing, testing and mass production.
6. Perform scouting for new opportunities.
Requirements1. Currently holds or is pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering.
2. High GPA (3.5 or higher), strong academic performance.
3. Strong problem solving skills.
4. Strong written and oral communication skills.
5. Ability to learn and implement new concepts into designs.
6. Strong adaptability to change and new direction with projects.
7. Experience working with passive and active electronics.
8. Experience working with microcontrollers, digital signal processors or FPGAs.
9. Experience with PCB design and soldering is a plus.
10. Proficiency with two or more of the following: C/C++, Python, Java, C#, Objective C or Code Composer is a plus.
12. Experience with multiple operating systems: Windows, Linux or Mac is a plus.
13. Experience with app development: iOS, Android or Windows is a plus.