Opening For IntenshipInetsoft system and software
Intern/Co-op - Software Engineer for 2015National Instruments
Immediate NEED!! Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering InternMatrix Resources Inc
Systems, Aerospace, Mechanical, Engineering Undergraduate/GraduateLZ Technology, Inc.
Production Engineer InternshipHuman Technologies Inc.
Energy Technology Venture Capital - Chemicals Research InternBookmark This
DescriptionNEXT Ventures, an upstart energy technology venture capital firm is looking for an intern to help with the fund’s inception. The intern will get the chance to be part of an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of a leading energy technology VC fund. The fund will invest in early stage energy & clean energy technologies emerging from universities and national labs and help build them into transformative energy companies. The Chemical Research intern will perform critical research that will help dictate the fund’s early strategy. Specifically the intern will help in the evaluation of and construction of a large petrochemical industry model, as our firm maps the key processes in a traditional energy refinery and then looks at various bio-based routes to the same products. Note, given the high number of applicants we are unable to respond to every application. Please only apply if you have direct academic, research, or professional experience in the chemicals/chemical engineering sector.
Responsibilities- Work with team to help craft initial fund strategy
- Assist with researching key topics that will help shape strategy in the chemical industry
- Analyze petrochemical industry and collaborate with team in building strategic model of the sector
- Synthesize research in well-organized summaries
Requirements- Passion for energy & technology
- Experience at synthesizing research from numerous sources
- Significant coursework in chemistry and (ideally) chemical engineering (including organic chemistry I and organic chemistry II or their equivalents)
- Familiarity with the petrochemical industry & petrochemical processes a significant plus
- Experience in MS Office
- Prior professional experience a plus but not required
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Minimum GPA of 3.0, 3.5+ preferred (if below 3.5 please include note of explanation in short cover letter)