Engineering - InternBookmark This
J.R. Simplot Company
1130 Highway 30 W
DescriptionThe Following NEW internship opportunity is NOW Available!!
Intern – Engineering, Pocatello, Idaho (AgriBusiness)
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have an Engineer internship open at our AgriBusiness Engineering, Manufacturing and Technology Office in Pocatello, Idaho.
Pocatello is located in southeast Idaho near the western foothills of the Rocky Mountains along the Oregon Trail. The city has 32 parks, a Museum of Natural History, the Fort Hall Replica, Golf Courses, Swimming Complex, Bike & Hiking Trails, Pocatello Junction, Skate Park, and the Pocatello Zoo are just of few of the attractions visitors and residents enjoy.
What's in it for you?
This position will contribute to the company’s efficiency, profits, growth and environmental compliance, by providing assistance to the various production facilities. Engineering knowledge and principles are applied to assist with process optimization and maintenance support of the operating production plants and process development.
• Solving, or assisting with technical problems involving processes on major equipment with information that is proprietary, theoretical or unknown.
• Time management for efficient project completion.
• Development of communication skills, written and verbal.
• Assist technical group with various system surveys and efficiencies balances.
• Perform test work in a process lab setting for possible implementation full scale.
• Perform test work in a production facility on plant pilot scale development processes.
• Enrollment in an Academic Engineering program, preferably Chemical Engineering or equivalent, from a nationally accredited educational facility/university.
• Candidate must be willing to learn process operation and work in an industrial setting.
• Prefer a junior or above in credit standing and will return to school at the completion of the internship.
January-August 2014 (negotiable)
• Competitive with a $500 relocation stipend for students who relocate over 50 miles.
• Visit www.simplot.com/careers
• Select Job Search
• Select Current Opportunities
• Select All open positions
• Apply to Job ID #1552
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-878-7404.
*Bringing Earth’s Resources to Life – The JR Simplot Company*