Energy Technology Venture Capital - Oil & Gas Research InternNEXT Ventures
Energy Technology Venture Capital - Chemicals Research InternNEXT Ventures
Startup Ninja/HackerTwoGrand, Inc.
Entry Level Quality AnalysttekERP
Engineering and Design Internship for Living Room ComputersSTEIGER DYNAMICS LLC
Field/ Project Engineer (Internship)Bookmark This
Nooter Construction Company
1500 S. Second St.
St Louis, MO
DescriptionNooter Construction Company, an employee owned leading national contractor that provides construction services for the backbone of the US Economy i.e. the refining, petrochemical, chemical, power, beverage, pulp, and paper, thermal spray services and related industries, is seeking candidates for several open positions. Nooter Construction offers excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Nooter Construction offers an enjoyable, work-life balanced, technologically driven, innovative and participative work environment. We are seeking candidates who enjoy performing meaningful work alongside other bright and creative people. Our ideal candidate will possess tenacity and the ability to multitask.
ResponsibilitiesPurpose: Interpret technical engineering information for future dissemination to company supervision, crafts personnel and customer contacts. Monitor progress of in-process construction work to ensure all engineering standards, codes and job specifications will be satisfied. Provide technical and administrative direction to field layout or survey personnel and when necessary, perform the field layout or survey operations personally.
1. Maintains a controlled set of project drawings and specifications at the jobsite.
2. Prepares drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
3. Interprets drawings and verifies supplied material and field conditions for compliance.
4. Researches and recommends resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, field interferences and errors.
5. Communicates and cooperates with jobsite customer representatives, NCC jobsite management and craft supervision on topics such as completed work, work in progress and problem solution.
6. Assists jobsite project management and craft supervision with overall management of the project.
7. Prepares and disseminates required documentation records, such as status reports, punch lists for uncompleted work, sketches of completed work and material requirement calculations to the Project Manager.
8. Verifies completed work is in compliance with applicable codes, drawings and specifications.
9. Conducts regular walk-downs and inspections of construction projects
including safety audits to ensure compliance with O.S.H.A., customer and project specifications.
10. Assists with the inventory, inspection and purchasing of customer specified or NCC supplied material as received on the jobsite.
11. Monitors QA/QC policies and procedures per applicable codes.
12. Supports the QA/QC department.
13. Assists in developing and/or updating schedules or cost control programs.
14. Provides direction to junior engineers/Intern engineers.
15. Is responsible for coordinating system completion and customer required handover documentation.
RequirementsWorking knowledge of overall engineering standards.
Knowledge of heavy industrial construction i.e., refinery and/or power plant construction.
Working knowledge of CAD (computer aided drafting).
Good computer literacy.
Good communication (verbal and written) skills.
Good problem solving skills.
Formal education: 4 year Engineering Graduate – 3.0 GPA minimum
Experience 1 -3 years
UP TO 85% TRAVEL REQUIRED