Management & Leadership DevelopmentCollege Works
Web developer Intern for beta testing video marketing membership siteSnowSugar Video
Product Quality Engineering InternshipRandstadSourceright
Summer Internship - Engineering / Quality InternNP/PDI
CD program turned into an Online Subscription Service and Book into ebooks - Engineering ProjectTest Prep San Francisco
2017 Summer InternshipCabot Microelectronics
GIS Intern - StormwaterCity of Palm Coast
Mobile App Developer (Part Time -OR- Full Time)Bookmark This
140 E Tyler St Suite 250
Posted: October 10 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Full-Time Entry-Level Jobs
Full-Time Internships - Summer Semester
Part-Time Internships - Spring and Fall Semester
Based in Longview, Texas, STAR CO performs innovative research and development in the areas of electronics, software, optics and mechanics. Employees at STAR CO get the opportunity to work on a project throughout its entire course of the product life cycle, allowing them to be involved in all aspects such as: creation, prototyping, production, and distribution. We are looking for hard-working, ambitious, and self-motivated individuals who thrive in both team and individual work environments for School-Year Internships as well as Full-Time Positions.
The Mobile App Developers at STAR CO have a unique chance to develop ideas and concepts for new technology in a world that is ever changing. STAR CO aims to be at the forefront of technology development, making an impact on the world at large and in the local community. In the STAR CO culture, creativity and uniqueness are encouraged, which allows our employees to be somewhat autonomous when working on projects.
Mobile App Developers will have the opportunity to create and develop new technological interfaces in current and emerging fields leading to the development of products that will be brought to the market place. This type of work will require the programmers to be creative and innovative in ideas and designs, allowing for changes in project direction as the product life cycle progresses. While synergetic team work will be emphasized in the work place and likely required in some cases, the programmers should be self-motivated and be able to independently and/or with minimal supervision. The employees will be responsible for a project over the entire course of the product lifecycle, which may range from concept creation to prototyping and final distribution.
Creating new and innovative technologies requires the ability to cohesively devise programs. As such, programmers with a broad knowledge of software and a working knowledge of the relationship between hardware and software are strongly encouraged to apply. Additionally, programmers will be expected to provide support to other engineers working with projects based on smart devices, including microcontrollers, digital signal processors, and FPGAs.
Responsibilities1. Create and innovate new concepts and designs.
2. Research and compile technical information, including datasheets and software specifications.
3. Develop programs which couple hardware and software design and implementation.
4. Integrate multiple systems using various communication protocols.
5. Systems testing for hardware, software and human interactions.
6. Develop user guides and walkthroughs.
7. Taking a project throughout the product lifecycle: conception, proof of concept, prototyping, product design, product testing, manufacturing, mass production and market introduction.
8. Actively communicate and work with partnered companies.
9. Perform scouting and research for new opportunities.
Requirements1. Currently holds or is pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or other related field such as Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics.
2. High GPA (3.5 or higher) is preferred, strong academic performance.
3. Strong problem solving skills.
4. Strong written and oral communication skills.
5. Ability to learn and implement new concepts into designs.
6. Strong adaptability to change and new direction with projects.
7. Experience with app development: iOS, Android, or Windows Mobile is a plus.
8. Proficiency with two or more of the following: C, C++, Java, C#, Objective C or Swift.
9. Experience with multiple operating systems: Windows, MacOS X, or Linux.
11. Proficiency with algorithm design and implementation.
12. Experience working with passive and active electronics is a plus.
13. Experience working with microcontrollers, digital signal processors or FPGAs is a plus.
14. Experience with PCB design and soldering is a plus.