Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering Intern (Local Candidates Only)Matrix Resources Inc
Intern - Quality Management and Methods - Local NH Residents onlyBosch Thermotechnology Inc
Management & Leadership DevelopmentCollege Works
((ELECON ENGINEERING COMPANY LIMITED.)C&M Corporation
Quality Assurance Engineer - 2017 Summer InternSabre
Mobile App Developer (Part Time -OR- Full Time)STAR CO
Alternative energy internYoung Women's IDEA
Audio/Sound EngineerVeterans Center
Resident Roboticist EngineerBookmark This
91 Prescott Street
Posted: October 27 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNewBotic Corporation is an American robotic systems integrator with offices Worcester, MA, best known for its specialized engineering services that designs advanced transformative manufacturing and warehousing processes for a wide variety of industries. Engineers at NewBotic think of automation concepts and turn them into reality by working with vendors and customers to create innovative and cost effective solutions to advance our customer's operations. Working collectively is embedded in our culture and is a core value of the organization. Our primary division focuses on developing hardware and software for SMART manufacturing, while our secondary division focuses on additive manufacturing, rapid prototyping, and 3D printing.
The Resident Robotics Engineer will be learning and practicing the overall engineering conceptual design and development of robotics and automation systems at manufacturing facilities. The RRE will contribute their own technical background and expertise to manage resources to solve manufacturing problems under a cooperative residency umbrella specifically designed for the robotics industry.
• Create conceptual designs of robotic and automation assemblies based on production line needs.
• Review the customer specification and develop a design strategy. This includes the creation of preliminary electrical and mechanical drawings.
• Create customer submittal documentation as required by contract such as Equipment Parts List, Spare Parts List, Manuals, and Operators Instructions.
• Create engineering and equipment purchasing specifications and prepare manufacturing / installation and test procedures and reports.
• Create estimates by analyzing current drawings, determine and verify dimensions and generate detailed line item; make revisions as needed. Ensures most accurate estimates are provided to Management and Sales.
• Preparing Bill of Materials based on customer requirements and specifications.
• Resolve manufacturing issues by working with internal and external suppliers, troubleshoot field problems, submit supplier deviation requests (SDR) and report vendor deviations.
• Interface with customers to provide sales, status, and technical support.
• Systems Thinking
• Ability to work under pressure in a real-time environment optimizing use of time and resources while handling several projects simultaneously.
• Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications to understand customer requirements.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft applications, AutoCAD and Solid works.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and fabrication techniques.
• Ability to prepare specific Manufacturing instructions for internal and external work centers.
• Ability to conduct self in professional manner and applies strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to reason and apply principles of logic to a wide range of practical problems utilizing techniques to systematically break down multi-dimensional problems or processes.
• Ability to apply strong attention to detail and organizational skills to meet simultaneous project deadlines.
• Ability to analyze, organize and manage multiple priorities; optimizes use of time and resources to achieve desired results.
• Ability to exercise strong conflict and problem-solving skills and apply appropriate resolutions.
Education: BS, MS, or PhD in Robotics Engineering.
Two years of experience in an engineering role with a wide variety of metal fabrication processes in a shop environment preferred. This is a hands-on assignment requiring knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes, plastic part design, a