THE HEROIC UNIVERSE SEEKS STAFF WRITERSHeroic Universe
Nivrams Bookshelf @360 Degrees Publications; our motto: Where Uran Hip/Hop Literature Comes To LifeNivrams Bookshelf
Marketing Intern: Unpaid to Paid PositionWOWIO
Social Media Marketing Intern, Pop Music & FashionThe Coalition Group
General/Programming/Production/Graphics IntershipMnet America
Community Relations InternBookmark This
Miss California Latina
DescriptionThe Miss California Latina™ and Miss Teen California Latina™ pageant is the largest state pageant in the United Stated for Latinas. The mission is to empower women of Latin and Hispanic origin living in California and enable them to embrace and showcase their Latin American culture while serving the community.
The Miss California Latina and Miss Teen California Latina pageants provide personal and professional opportunities for young women to take pride their in culture, have a voice in politics, and in-turn, make a difference in the community. The organization provides a forum where the beauty, viewpoints, talents and accomplishments of young Latinas are not only highlighted, but have a purpose.
Miss California Latina and Miss Teen California Latina are the preliminaries to the national Miss Latina US and Miss Teen US Latina, the most prestigious and well known pageant in the world for U.S. Latinas, as well as the longest-running (since 1983). It is also the only national Latina pageant in the U.S. that follows traditional pageant guidelines for participants and affiliate preliminary competitions.
• Work on developing and furthering Miss California Latina community relations strategies.
• Research, identify and assist in coordination of key partnerships with charity foundations in California.
• Coordinate, schedule and maintain appearance calendar consisting of community events, appearances and volunteer efforts for Miss and Teen California Latina.
• Attend community events related with 2010 contestants and current Miss and Teen California Latina.
• Prepare and assemble support materials and letters for government officials.
• Assist with administrative logistics related to community outreach efforts
Requirements• Position requires maturity, strong research skills and attention to detail.
• Candidate must have strong communication and writing skills.
• Strong leadership necessary and strategic perspective.
• Candidate must be proactive and take initiative.
• Candidate must have excellent time management skills and meet deadlines.
• Expert in MS Office and Internet.
• Must have own computer with internet access.
• Working knowledge of production is a plus.
• Fluent in Spanish a plus.
Candidates are expected to complete a minimum of 10 hours a week for a minimum of 8 weeks. This is a virtual position, time is flexible, and scheduling the 10 hours to work is the Interns responsibility. Intern will be working very closely with State Director and Owner and organization’s staff in development of their personal learning goals as well as project goals and tasks. Weekly progress reports will be due to ensure intern is meeting assignments as well as meeting their learning objectives. Deadlines must be met and the intern must be able to work in a virtual capacity. Please go to www.MissCalifonriaLatina to familiarize yourself with the organization, its mission and the State Owner and Director.
This is an unpaid internship. Interns will have the opportunity to receive college credits for the completion of this internship. Monetary compensation/position maybe offered based on quality of work after the 15 week program. Letter of recommendations and referrals will be provided by the state owner based on internship performance.