Content Creator InternshipBookmark This
Sex With Emily
7080 Hollywood Blvd, Penthouse
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionCreative content creators needed for popular radio show and podcast. If you're looking to gain real experience in broadcast production and learn all aspects of creating a web based and live radio show this is it!
Dr. Emily Morse is a sex expert and host of the top downloaded sex and relationship advice podcast Sex with Emily. Emily has been voted the #1 dating and sex expert by DatingAdvice.com and the #1 dating and sex expert to follow on Twitter.
Emily launched the Sex with Emily radio show and podcast in 2005 before becoming a Bravo television personality on Miss Advised. She is dedicated to educating men and women about Kegel Exercises (check out her iPhone App: Kegel Camp) and is the author of the popular book, Hot Sex: Over 200 Things You Can Try Tonight. She is a weekly guest co-host on the nationally syndicated radio show Loveline with Dr. Drew Pinsky.
Emily has appeared as an expert on many television shows including: the Today Show, Dr. Drew HLN, The Doctors, Bravo TV, Inside Edition, Watch What Happens Live!, MSN, TMC, E!, Style Network, Playboy Radio, Cosmo Radio, and Candace Bushnell’s Show. She has also been featured in countless publications including: The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, San Francisco Chronicle, Detroit Free Press, Huffington Post, Glamour, CNN, USA Today, iVillage, Fitness, Cosmopolitan magazine, Men’s Health, and Women’s Health.
Recently, Emily partnered with Anthony Sosnick, founder and CEO of Anthony Brands, a leader in natural based skin care. The two joined forces and conceived Emily & Tony; an intimate care line which fuses their areas of expertise and delivers a holistic experience.
Responsibilities**Content Creator Intern:
Key roles and responsibilities:
Assist in all aspects of the weekly production of the show, including:
-Finding, booking, and managing guests
-Researching news topics and writing segments
-Managing Wordpress site (proficiency in Wordpress a plus)
-Writing and editing content on blogs, newsletters and press requests
-Reaching out to press
-Creating engaging material
-Social media management, proficiency using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
Requirements****Intern must be reliable, self motivated and be driven to learn.****
The show deals with relationships, sex, and dating. If you're not comfortable with this material this isn't the right fit for you.
This internship is ideal for a student or recent graduate seeking practical experience in communications, creative writing, social media, marketing, public relations, journalism or related fields. If you think you'd be a good fit for this opportunity, we'd love to see what you've got!
• Student or recent graduate seeking professional experience in media production, communications, marketing, public relations, journalism or related fields
• Ability to think strategically in order prioritize multiple requests
• Strong communication skills
• Meticulous attention to detail and very organized
• Demonstrated ability to initiate and complete multiple tasks on time
• Ability to quickly master new technology systems and familiarity with social media and networking platforms
• Flexible, positive, and entrepreneurial attitude
• Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Familiarity with web publishing languages such as HTML and CSS
• Abilities in Photoshop strongly preferred (but not required)
• Great personality!
Please note, this internship is open to anybody, however, compensation is by school credit or volunteer.
Please email the following application materials:
1) Short but thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your availability
2) Resume including relevant professional experience
3) Contact information for two references
4) Writing samples (if you've got them)
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Part or full-time (please indicate your preference), 3 days a week minimum
Duration: 6 months
Compensation: Unpaid, but school credit may be available through your institution.
P.S. Please give us a taste of your personality in your cover letter!