Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
DescriptionAre you an Entertainment Writer? Editor? Blogger? We are in need of creative writers, editors, bloggers to contribute content for our sites, print material, newsletters and more. This position can be on-site or performed remotely. As a new corporation it is our desire to have relevant content to share with our viewers. Candidates should have a passionate interest in entertainment, fashion, trending topics, celebrity gossip and news, etc. Must exhibit great writing and editing abilities, great grammar, dictation and communication skills. Should be able to meet deadlines, work under pressure and be a team player.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance (preferred but not required)
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus but not required.