Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Newark UnCUTNEWS Media and Entertainment Company
Descriptionypes of Internships Available
Looking for creative interns to assist with station website development.
Creating Flash and static banners, designing special promotional pages within station websites, providing live web information feeds from station events, uploading photos, creating online listener surveys.
Assist with video production: shooting, editing, creating graphics and more.
Interns will learn about web design through a hands-on approach in the field.
Writing articles and assisting in research of entertainment topics.
Some nights and weekend availability is required.
A working knowledge of the tri-state area and mass transportation is recommended.
Interact with listeners at station events ranging from retail appearances to club events.
Assist with station concerts and events, acting as a liaison for promotional events.
Perform data entry and internet research projects, and assist with filing, mailing and other office duties as assigned.
Maintaining a listener database of station contest winners.
Writing copy, distributing and compiling daily prize sheets.
Contacting daily winners to follow-up with prizing.
Actively pulling content to maintain the station website with content, graphics, pictures, web contests and other interactive media.
Responsible for assisting the Program Directors and on-air talent with daily tasks as well as special projects.
Contesting, screening listener calls, and updating jock personality pages.
As a production intern, you will learn what it takes to put together a live show by working closely with our programming and on-air staff.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus