Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
DescriptionMajestic Creations is accepting applicants for the Public Relations Intern Position. This dynamic growing enterprise is seeking a motivated, self starter who is interested in learning more about corporate operations. In particular, the company is primarily focused on Media, Communications, Project Management and Entertainment industry professionals. The candidate should be prepared to submit an updated resume, cover letter and a brief summary of experience as well as why this is the position the candidate is seeking. You should be detailed oriented, willing to provide assistance to the Creative Director and provide administrative functions as well as personal assistance. You must have your own transportation, smart phone, access to home office because you can work from home when not providing support outside the home. Please be professional, punctual, organized and computer savvy with knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Access, Excel and willingness to travel occasionally. Applicant must be participating in program to satisfy college requirements. We anticipate your response.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus