Public Relations InternBookmark This
Miss California Latina
DescriptionThe Miss California Latina™ and Miss Teen California Latina™ pageant is the largest state pageant in the United Stated for Latinas. The mission is to empower women of Latin and Hispanic origin living in California and enable them to embrace and showcase their Latin American culture while serving the community.
The Miss California Latina and Miss Teen California Latina pageants provide personal and professional opportunities for young women to take pride their in culture, have a voice in politics, and in-turn, make a difference in the community. The organization provides a forum where the beauty, viewpoints, talents and accomplishments of young Latinas are not only highlighted, but have a purpose.
Miss California Latina and Miss Teen California Latina are the preliminaries to the national Miss Latina US and Miss Teen US Latina, the most prestigious and well known pageant in the world for U.S. Latinas, as well as the longest-running (since 1983). It is also the only national Latina pageant in the U.S. that follows traditional pageant guidelines for participants and affiliate preliminary competitions.
Responsibilities• Work closely with State Director of Miss California Latina pageant and public relations manager.
• Work on development of media lists.
• Research and assist in coordination of media opportunities in the state of California.
• Attend media events related with 2010 contestants and current Miss and Teen California Latina.
• Pitch and coordinate media opportunities for 2010 celebrity judging panels, hosts, pageant contestants, current Miss and Teen California Latina and 2010 Miss and Teen Winners.
• Assist in the writing of media alerts, press releases, press materials, tip sheet updates, photo captions, etc.
• Monitor and document print, television, radio and internet press coverage.
• Act as liaison between media and the Miss California Latina Organization.
• Assist in management of media for all Miss California Latina hosted events and pageant production.
• Management of all online social and networking media for the Miss California Latina organization.
Requirements• Position requires maturity, strong research skills and attention to detail.
• Strong leadership necessary and strategic perspective.
• Candidate must be proactive and take initiative.
• Candidate must have excellent time management skills and meet deadlines.
• Candidate must have strong communication and writing skills.
• Must have an interest in social media.
• Expert in MS Office and Internet.
• Proficiency with Twitter, Facebook and other social media.
• Fluent in Spanish a plus.
• Working knowledge of production is a plus.
• Must have own computer with internet access.
Candidates are expected to complete a minimum of 10 hours a week for a minimum of 8 weeks. This is a virtual position, time is flexible, and scheduling the 10 hours to work is the Interns responsibility. Intern will be working very closely with State Director and Owner and organization’s staff in development of their personal learning goals as well as project goals and tasks. Weekly progress reports will be due to ensure intern is meeting assignments as well as meeting their learning objectives. Deadlines must be met and the intern must be able to work in a virtual capacity. Please go to www.MissCalifonriaLatina to familiarize yourself with the organization, its mission and the State Owner and Director.
This is an unpaid internship. Interns will have the opportunity to receive college credits for the completion of this internship. Monetary compensation/position maybe offered based on quality of work after the 15 week program. Letter of recommendations and referrals will be provided by the state owner based on internship performance.