Reel InternsBookmark This
Reel Righteous Entertainment
DescriptionLos Angeles based Production Company is seeking qualified In(TRN)s.
The Reel Network/ Reel Righteous Entertainment is film, television and new media production company where we strive to honor, celebrate and educate people of color. Our mission is to change the stigmas that surround the African American community through quality, well rounded programming and content.
Our innovative program allows In(TRN)s to learn, create and grow but they must be willing to do the work required.
Our Entertainment Magazine
The Reel Network acknowledges, honors "Black Hollywood' through our entertainment magazine. We focus on breaking news that pertains to music, celebrities, politics, fashion & more- all with a focus on the black community.
We also continuously create content and distribute it through our #Reel Online television Network.
Our company recently partnered with YourBlackWorld Films and will focus more on scripted content including films,TV pilots and documentaries releasing content to more than 500 thousand people per day.
We're looking for interns who are pursuing a degree in communications, writing, media studies, or film studies.
Based on your field of study, tasks will include writing blog posts, script writing, producing call sheets, coordinating talent and shoots, contacting celebrities & companies for interview, networking (literally), and assisting with our various social media pages.
Through this program you will gain valuable experience and recognition by working with a fast growing production company, that focuses on art and business. The best part is that our InTRN) can work remotely, but you must have a reliable computer with access to fast internet and be available during certain hours of the day for skype meetings, phone calls and business regarding the company.
Our program works closely with colleges all over the country ensuring that our company combines academic coursework with relevant work experience.
If you are feel like this may be the position for you, please submit your resume/ cover letter and a 200-300 word blurb telling us why you think you would be a great addition to our company.
We look forward to hearing from you!
ResponsibilitiesResearch content, photos, and archive footage
• Assist in field shoots as needed and available
• Assist in writing and editing episodes and promos
• Log and transcribe tapes of interviews and b-roll
• Develop an understanding of copyright issues, how to obtain clearance, and the basics of fair use law
• Assist in setting-up and conducting interviews
• Operate studio and field production equipment
RequirementsMust have an interest/ passion in the entertainment industry. Self-motivated, ready to work hard, learn and grow. Must have a can-do attitude.
• Must be a minimum of 16 years old.
• Proficiency in conducting internet research required
• Must exhibit attention to detail, excellent organization, and communication skills
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize tasks sufficiently while working independently
• Interest in television production or related field required
• Producing/content internships require a commitment of at least 16 hours per week for a minimum of 12 weeks. Technical production internships require a minimum of 8 hours per week for 12 weeks.