Social Media & Community Management Intern411Fan.com
Brooklyn Playhouse now hiring film & media internsRendezvous New York
Digital Production InternCommercialize TV
Interns needed in Nashville, TN, Oklahoma City, OK & Austin, TX or virtually year round!Big Hearted Babes
SPECIAL EVENTS AND OPERATIONS INTERNSHIPBookmark This
Miss California Latina
DescriptionThe Miss California Latina™ and Miss Teen California Latina™ pageant is the largest state pageant in the United Stated for Latinas. The mission is to empower women of Latin and Hispanic origin living in California and enable them to embrace and showcase their Latin American culture while serving the community.
The Miss California Latina and Miss Teen California Latina pageants provide personal and professional opportunities for young women to take pride their in culture, have a voice in politics, and in-turn, make a difference in the community. The organization provides a forum where the beauty, viewpoints, talents and accomplishments of young Latinas are not only highlighted, but have a purpose.
Miss California Latina and Miss Teen California Latina are the preliminaries to the national Miss Latina US and Miss Teen US Latina, the most prestigious and well known pageant in the world for U.S. Latinas, as well as the longest-running (since 1983). It is also the only national Latina pageant in the U.S. that follows traditional pageant guidelines for participants and affiliate preliminary competitions.
Qualified candidates should possess a professional, service-oriented attitude. A Special Events Intern is energetic, flexible, punctual, and dependable. Candidate to provide efficient support to staff, act as a liaison between the Miss California Latina organization and sponsors/contestants, coordinate events with State Director and Owner, research and proposal generation, and correspondence. A special events intern must be able to work Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays including evenings (as late as 10 pm) as this is when most events occur.
Responsibilities• Will be working very closely with Owner and State Director of Miss California Latina.
• Assist in coordination of all events such as casting sessions, photo shoots, purple carpet media event, beauty boot camp and fashion shows.
• Assist in coordination of actual pageant production, including booking of performances, invitation of VIP guests, securing judges and show host.
• Research prospective vendors and sponsors for pageant production.
• Assist with administrative duties.
• Contribute to the organization and work in accordance with the mission, goals, values and strategic direction of the Miss California Latina organization.
Requirements• Position requires maturity and attention to detail.
• Candidate must have strong communication and writing skills.
• Candidate must be proactive and take initiative.
• Candidate must have excellent time management skills and meet deadlines.
• Expert in MS Office and Internet.
• Must have own computer with internet access.
• Working knowledge of production is a large plus.
• Fluent in Spanish a plus.
Candidates are expected to complete a minimum of 10 hours a week for a minimum of 8 weeks. This is a virtual position, time is flexible, and scheduling the 10 hours to work is the Interns responsibility. Intern will be working very closely with State Director and Owner and organization’s staff in development of their personal learning goals as well as project goals and tasks. Weekly progress reports will be due to ensure intern is meeting assignments as well as meeting their learning objectives. Deadlines must be met and the intern must be able to work in a virtual capacity. Please go to www.MissCalifonriaLatina to familiarize yourself with the organization, its mission and the State Owner and Director.