Social Media InternBookmark This
CrowdTorch by Cvent
11833 Mississippi Ave. Suite 201
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionDo you live and breathe social media? Do you love music of all genres? Are you an avid concert-goer? Do you want to learn more about social media, digital and content marketing? CrowdTorch (http://www.crowdtorch.com/) is an innovative ticketing and mobile Audience Management Platform that helps venues and event planners sell tickets to music, nightlife, and comedy events. We are looking for out-of-the-box thinkers with a desire to learn about an ever-evolving industry through a hands-on experience at our LA office.
Responsibilities• Assist with writing for social media platforms, blogs, website, and newsletters
• Generate weekly and monthly analytics reports to help provide actionable social media measurement
• Stay abreast of industry news and report on latest trends
• Brainstorm and contribute creative content ideas for weekly social media schedule
• Maintain social media editorial calendars for all consumer-facing sites
• Assist with content creation, management, and distribution for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Work with Social Media Coordinator to gain an understanding of social media and email content strategy
• Contribute to ongoing internship handbook with best practices, how-to’s, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements• A passion for music and pop culture
• A working knowledge of social media; experience using these platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A resourceful self-starter with the ability to work well independently and as a contributing member of a team
• Strong time-management and organization skills
• The ability to juggle multiple projects and excel under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite, Google Calendar
• Graphic design (Photoshop) and/or video editing experience preferred
• A positive attitude, lots of enthusiasm, and an outgoing personality
• Currently enrolled in a college or university program and pursuing a degree in Music, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, PR, New Media, Business, or similar major
• Experience using Google Docs, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Iconosquare, Facebook insights, and Google Analytics preferred
Time Commitment and Compensation:
This is a paid internship with a maximum of 29 hours/week. Attendance of at least eight hours/day, three days/week is preferred; however, we will remain flexible in consideration of class schedule. Internships are offered for a full semester. CrowdTorch also offers for-credit internships to qualified candidates.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to ADiaz@CrowdTorch.com with the subject “Social Media Intern Fall 2014.” Your cover letter should include answers to the following questions:
• Why do you want to intern for CrowdTorch?
• What makes you an ideal candidate for this position?
• Who is your favorite music artist?
• Tell us something interesting about yourself.
• How many hours per week can you commit and on what days?
• Will you be receiving school credit?
• When can you start and how long are you looking to intern with CrowdTorch?
• When trying to sell tickets to a concert, which platform would you use, how would you use it, and why?: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vine, Pinterest, or Ticketing Website
• Bonus Points: Show us some of your social media skills….Do you have an account you want us to see? Feel free to share your @handle for Twitter/Instagram!