Social Media InternshipBookmark This
11833 Mississippi Ave
Santa Monica, CA
DescriptionAre you interested in a career in social media? Are you passionate about live music, pop culture, and comedy and want to learn more about communications, media relations, marketing, events, and social/digital media? TicketMob (www.ticketmob.com) is hiring interns to work within its Marketing Team on its consumer-facing ticketing verticals (ElectroStub, TuneStub, and LaughStub) in its fast-paced, dynamic entertainment technology start-up. Creativity is key, professionalism is enforced, and a desire to learn is essential.
Time Commitment and Compensation:
Minimum 18 hours per week. Preferred attendance of at least 8 hours per day 3 days per week, however, will remain flexible in consideration of class schedule. Internships are offered for a minimum of 3 months; however, candidates who can commit to staying long-term (6-9 months) are preferred. TicketMob offers both paid and for-credit internships to qualified candidates.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should apply with a cover letter and resume via Internships.com or send a cover letter and resume to LBenjamin@TicketMob.com with the subject “Social Media Intern Spring 2014.” Your cover letter should include answers to the following questions:
• How many hours per week can you commit and on what days?
• Will you be receiving school credit?
• Why are you interested in an internship with TicketMob?
• When can you start and how long are you looking to intern with TicketMob?
• Assist with writing for collateral, website, blogs, social media platforms, ads, and press materials
• Generate weekly and monthly analytics reports to help provide actionable social media measurement
• Capture event video and pictures at live events and create content for weekly newsletters
• Assist with event planning and live news coverage
• Compile most relevant daily, weekly and monthly industry news articles
• Maintain social media editorial calendars for all consumer ticketing verticals
• Assist with Facebook and Twitter content creation, management, and distribution
• Report on fan and follower growth on Social Media communities
• Other duties as assigned
• A working knowledge of social media; experienced with (and must have presence on) these platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• An avid interest in music, comedy, pop culture, and digital/social/tech news and trends online
• A resourceful self-starter with the ability to work well independently and as a contributing member of a team
• Strong time-management and organization skills
• The ability to juggle multiple projects and excel under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
• Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Graphic design (Photoshop) and/or video editing experience a plus
• A positive attitude, lots of enthusiasm, and an outgoing personality
• Currently enrolled in college pursuing a degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, PR, New Media, Business, or similar program
• Experience using Google Docs, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Facebook ad platform, Facebook insights, and Google Analytics preferred