Talent Management, Literary & Production InternBookmark This
Aspire Talent Management
2500 Broadway, Suite F-125
Santa Monica, CA
DescriptionAspire Talent Management is a boutique talent & literary management and production company based in Santa Monica, CA, which represents actors, producers and writers in all areas of film, television, web, theater, commercial and voiceover. Our mission is to connect all the dots in a multi-hyphenate's career. We specialize in building industry relationships, branding and unifying our clients' multiple facets into one strategy that intersects all platforms.
This is a one-day-a-week commitment in our Santa Monica office for a period equivalent to 1 semester. This internship pays a modest expense stipend and offers the perks of fresh fruit and unlimited free specialty coffee! Oftentimes, we'll even arrange for lunch on us. We appreciate our interns and want you to feel like part of the family.
We're looking for a candidate who is interested in talent representation and wants to learn about the entertainment industry from a talent rep's & producer's perspective. As managers, we are strategically aligned with agents and interact daily with casting directors. Meanwhile, the production division is either planning a production with a director and writer(s) or selling one with sales agents and distributors. This experience provides interns with an unique vantage point into these other career paths as well. This is not a coffee-making, grocery run type of internship. Be prepared to have intimate access and the opportunity to juggle multiple perspectives!
Responsibilities- Assist managers in all communications with clients (22 actors & 3 screenwriters). This includes, but is not limited to, audition confirmations, receiving client material ( headshots, reels, clips, scripts, bibles, synopses, etc) and e-filing them accordingly, making sure clients are responded to in a timely manner.
- Updating our inEntertainment database with the manager's daily pitches to casting directors and agents, project submissions & auditions and calendar entries.
- Confirm auditions with casting directors
- Creating a flow chart of client relationships within the industry
- Social Media ( Facebook & Twitter) Updates as well as IMDB page maintenance
- Keeping resumes updated
- Tracking air dates for clients' new projects
- Creating marketing materials for our actors & writers such as simple postcards, flash cards & one-sheets
- Resizing photos for email pitches & managing the video links and photo collections we maintain for clients
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications especially Word and Excel, facility in Photoshop and Dropbox.
- Experience/interest in representing talent (actors & writers specifically), producing, casting or entertainment PR
- Intimate understanding of major social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, Vimeo & others
- Familiarity with IMDBPro, Actors Access/Breakdown Services platform and the iE database is a plus
- Video editing skills are a plus
- CMS editing experience a plus