Video Game Level DesignerBookmark This
Polyfountain Media L.L.C.
DescriptionHello, my name is Sean Fontaine, founder of Polyfountain Media L.L.C....a newly-formed, independent digital media production studio located in the Upper Valley. Currently we are working on an exciting new video game IP which will be produced locally in New Hampshire called "LEGACY".
Here is a link to our Facebook page...
I am looking for someone to help create engaging game levels (which includes creating 2D layouts, 3D assets, as well utilizing scripting in C++) within the UE4 game engine. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to get into the video game industry to get their feet wet and possibly get in on the ground floor with a potentially ground-breaking digital media company. This is an unpaid internship. I am looking to fill this position in the next month or two. Please contact me if you are interested. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Responsibilities• Design, build, script, and tune 3D levels
• Understand how their level(s) fit in the overall game experience and story
• Communicate with other team members to design levels, and to explain how the level functions
• Bring levels from their initial pen-and-paper designs to fully polished and playable products
• Clearly and intelligently communicate your design intent to the Creative Director
• Combine 3D assets to create levels that are compelling and fun
• Demonstrate a passion to create levels
• Support the Creative Director in fulfilling the requirements of the projects overall level design workflow and being able to make changes in a timely manner as required
• Be able to respond correctly to feedback
• Working with all disciplines on the development team making a valuable contribution to the team’s success and its members
• Carry out any additional tasks the studio may require
Requirements• Have good organization and motivation (self-directed)
• Possess a strong work ethic and a good internet connection
• A strong knowledge of and experience with level editors
• Experience building 3D environments
• Access to the Unreal Engine 4 editor and source code editor (such as ConTEXT).
• Access to 3D modeling software (such as Autodesk 3D Studio Max or Maya)
• Access to Photoshop, or similar image manipulation software, for texturing 3D assets
• Good understanding of design principles and construction techniques
• Familiarity with programming languages (specifically C++) is a plus, but not a requirement
• Be 18 or older