Artist ManagementNT Entertainment
PERSONAL ASSISTANTExcess Productions
Fashion Writer for Pop Culture blog (SUMMER 17 INTERN)A New Media Company
Entertainment Writer for Pop Culture blog (SUMMER 17 INTERN)A New Media Company
Looking for some upbeat interns looking for experienceLABARE
Social Media & Community Management InternVanquish Media Group
Production Assistant InternshipAvenida Productions
Social Media & Community Management InternDCNY
Production InternBookmark This
Posted: October 14 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMicShopNYC is a membership based network for comedians, comedy venues, and comedy festivals. By comedians, for comedians - we serve as a support network for comedians focused on and consistently working towards a career in comedy. We also support the venues that host underground comedy events, as well as the show producers and comedy festivals that cater to the underground comedy scene. MicShopNYC supports it's members with the following divisions:
1) MicShopNYC Services - Design and marketing services to assist comedians, show producers, venues, and festivals with branding, marketing, and social media presence.
2) MicShopNYC Membership - Booked mics, training, networking, and exposure. The invite only network's membership is chosen by current members, with new members nominated based on three criteria:
How supportive of other comedians the comedian is.
How professional the comedian is when approaching their craft and career.
How talented the comedian is.
3) MicShopNYC Media - an online magazine, subscription email, and Youtube channel (This Week in Comedy) that focuses on the underground comedy scene. Utilizing our network of professional comedians, comedy show producers, and underground comedy venues, we curate a list of "Must See" shows each week to let fans of underground comedy know what shows to check out every day of the week. We also interview the hottest underground comedians and underground comedy show producers, as well as the venues that support underground comedy.
this position is within the MicShop Media division assisting in the video production and artist interviews for This Week in Comedy.
Responsibilities- Assist in all aspects of video and photographic communications and contribute to planning and storyboarding
- Assist in the end-to-end process from storyboarding to logistics to shooting to editing and publishing
- Film video and shoot photographs in studio and field environments
- Record desktop computer screens and actions for demo and training videos
- Use existing original and stock footage to produce new videos
- Contribute to mixing and editing to create polished and engaging videos
- Publish videos primarily to the web and touch-up still photography
RequirementsThe production Intern should be detail oriented, organized, and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision. This candidate should also be personable and professional, as they will interact with both comics and venue personnel as a representative of MicShopNYC.
Candidate must have:
- Laptop / computer
- Video editing software
- Internet access
- Proficiency in Google Docs"
- Have the potential to deliver videos and photos that succinctly and clearly tell the desired story
- Ability to deliver videos with cuts, graphics, sound and other elements that convey a quality production value and a level of technical sophistication
- Experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Captivate and Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of digital videography and photography cameras and equipment
- 3 days available a week for production assistance
- Available for a weekly call to discuss projects via phone / internet.
- Available for a monthly group meeting in person.
SkillsRequired - Digital Video, iMovie, Google Apps, Internet Video Production
Preferred - Social Media, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere