Part Time Paid Internship at Indie Music LabelRed Bull Records
COMEDY CONVENTION IN LOS ANGELES-STAFFFemales in Comedy Association
Event Coordinator InternCre8t2 Branding Agency
Graphic Design Intern ASAPTres Chic Entertainment Inc.
A&R InternCre8t2 Branding Agency
Social Media and Marketing InternIronic Music Booking Agency LLC
Communications & PR InternIronic Music Booking Agency LLC
Broadcast Intern (Social Media / In-Studio Personality)Bookmark This
LIVE! From the Basement!
1324 Peppergrove Dr.
Posted: March 25 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDo you want to have some fun? Are you passionate about hip-hop music? We are an independent hip-hop talk show podcast show called LIVE From the Basement! We are based out of Brighton, MI about 15 minutes outside of Ann Arbor, MI. We are currently looking for an intern interested in working with us on Fridays twice monthly (every other Friday), for about 4 hours from 8pm - 12am EST while we record episodes and broadcast to our live internet audience.
You would be responsible for managing our social media presence on show days, answering calls, reaching out for interviews, switching our in studio webcams during the show, interacting with us on the microphone during show time and more. It's a commitment, we have a lot of fun and you get a chance to not only interact with our listeners but also give your opinion on some topics as well.
The experience you can gain from this? How we process audio, how the equipment works, how to speak on a microphone, how timing works, how radio production works, how to schedule interviews, how to leverage social media and most importantly have a ton of fun!!
Responsibilities- Assist with managing all of our social media accounts during show days. No requirement outside of that
- Answer and screen callers before they get on the show
- Speak on the microphone briefly from time to time
- Manage our camera angles and timing using our camera switching software
- Assist with brainstorming bits for the show
- Schedule phone interviews with artists (this happens rarely)
- Live Tweet, instagram and facebook during the show
Requirements- Must have an absolute passionate and knowledgeable about hip-hop music, culture and current events.
- Must be energetic and excited to do this! It can be grueling and tiring 4-5 hours straight!
- Ability to be timely and think quickly on your feet and react
- Understanding of social media platforms such as twitter, facebook and instagram.
SkillsRequired - Social Media, Passionate about work, Great Personality, Phone Screening, Internet Culture
Preferred - Facebook, Broadcast, Twitter, Instagram