Seeking intern in the entertainment industryDigz Media Group
Executive AssistantFuture Fires Entertainment
Recording EngineerFuture Fires Entertainment
Marketing InternFuture Fires Entertainment
Festival University Intern at The ShedGingerbread Shed
Entertainment ReporterSarah Scoop, LLC
freelance writer / EditorPurple Power LLC.
FILM CREW NEEDEDgiacomuccipictures
College Ambassador InternsBookmark This
Posted: August 25 2016
Company Location: Menlo Park, CA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 10 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGogobot’s mission is to help people discover great places to stay, eat and play that are perfect for them. 19 Tribes (Family Travelers, Foodies, LGBT, etc.) help Gogobot members get personalized recommendations. More than 10 million people used Gogobot to plan and research places to go in the last year. Gogobot also has more than one million reviews, five million photos and 60,000 city guides available on both the site and its apps (Gogobot for Android, Apple Watch and iPhone).
Gogobot has secured $39 million dollars in total funding. Our investors include HomeAway, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, TechCrunch founder Michael Arrington, MySpace founder Chris DeWolfe, Square CEO Keith Rabois and angel investor Oren Zeev. Gogobot has been named an editor’s choice app by the Apple App Store and Google Play as well as one of Time Magazine’s 50 best Internet sites.
Are you an expert of the city you live in and passionate about travel? Does everyone turn to you for recommendations when they’re planning a day trip or night out in your town? Do you love social media and event planning? As a part-time Gogobot College Ambassador, you’ll be the leader of a dynamic community of locals who have a passion for sharing about their travels on Gogobot. This position starts as an unpaid college internship with the possibility of being hired on as a paid Ambassador and possibly even Community Manager for Gogobot if you do well in your role as an Ambassador along with a ton of other perks that come with the role.
● You’re an expert of the city you live in and love to share about your local discoveries
● You’re a tech-savvy social media maven and a connector. People play Six Degrees of YOU
● You’re creative and it shows in the events you plan and the reviews you write
● You’re a pro at planning, time management and organizing
● You have a positive make-it-happen attitude and are self-motivated. Your energy is inspiring and contagious
● College credit and first hand, inside knowledge into the tech start-up world
● Receiving Special Ambassador Swag and an Ambassador Badge on your Gogobot Profile
● You will get resources to throw events in your community
● Cool swag to give out to new and current community members
● Have access to special Ambassador/CM invite-only events and perks
● Will receive free event planning and social media marketing training
● Be a part of our Ambassador Community and eventually have connects with travel gurus all over the world
Flexible 20-30 hours a month working remotely in your city
Responsibilities● Engage with Gogobot users on and offline. Be the company evangelist and the face of Gogobot in your city
● Plan and host memorable local events that will have people talking about them long after they’re over
● Write insightful reviews on a daily basis, and pen eloquent pitches to event and marketing partners
● Throw 1-2 Gogobot events every quarter in your community
● Be the eyes and ears of Gogobot in your city and communicate any feedback and ideas to your colleagues
Requirements● High School degree
● Must have a passion for travel, event planning and writing
● Excel in social networking, obtaining local partnerships/sponsorships, event planning and guerrilla marketing
● This is a part-time Internship. Flexible 20-30 hours a month working remotely in your city