Radio Marketing (Summer/PAID)MAGIC 106.7
Graphic Design InternExtra Mile Entertainment Consulting Group, LLC
Internship with Government affiliated Media institute IndiaAPSEC
VideographerF.L.O. Empire Radio Inc
Event Coordinator InternGT Projects
Administrative Office InternStreet Food Cinema
Talent Agency Intern needed for Unconventional AgentThe Wayne Agency
Marketing, Operating and Social MediaCie Scott, PHD
Communication & Grant Writing Intern (part time, paid commissioned)Bookmark This
Shallow Water Entertainment/SLP
Posted: March 01 2016
Company Location: Windsor Mill, MD
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 4 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Communication & Grant Writing Intern (part time, commission paid)
Organization Mission: Seven Lights Productions mission is to ignite a passion for the performing arts that develops their character and impacts our world. This is accomplished by matching the interests and abilities of youth with the needs of their artistic community.
Inclusion and Teamwork:
Seven Lights Productions is a small nonprofit with one full-time employee and a board of directors, so interns are not just observers in our organization; they are an integral part of everything we do.
Interns work directly with the Executive Director. Whether through email or in person, the senior team is available to clarify questions necessary to complete a project. The Executive Director hosts staff meetings once a week to bring the team together to discuss weekly goals and accomplishments.
• Rewrite and write passionate promotion messaging geared toward donors
• Write compelling call to action membership content
• Research available and applicable grants
• Research and apply for Corporate Giving Programs.
• Create spreadsheet outlining grantor requirements and application deadlines
• Assist in compliance and reporting requirements for grantors/funders
• Draft full grant proposals for submission
• Write solicitations for potential donors
• Write compelling nonprofit documents in preparation for grant
• Write content and articles for the website
• Write and post social media content, images, and videos on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube,, Pinterest, Vine, Instagram, etc..
• Write articles for eNewsletter and send out via Constant Contact
• Develop animoto videos and post with keyword rich content
• Write text for posters, flyers, brochures, pamphlets, informational materials and for materials which will be distributed to the general public
• Research news items and articles that relate to Seven Lights Productions mission and underscore the
importance of our mission
• Send three samples of your writing
• Send specific examples of how your background and experience meets the required skills and/or desired skills
• High School senior, College student, College Graduate student and beyond
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Personal qualities of initiative, organization, completion, self-motivation, reliability, flexibility, curiosity, energy and collaboration
• Ability to work with a range of people and show sensitivity to individual differences
• Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.
• Commitment to the mission of igniting a passion for volunteerism in youth
• Availability to work an occasional evening and weekend as needed
Please email resume and cover letter to Dina E. Williams at Emailus@7lightsproductions.com
RequirementsHours expected: 15 to 20 hours a week. We are flexible about office hours and allow interns to do much of their work at home (as long as they have access to a computer and internet).
Build Life-long Skills:
At Seven Lights Productions, we focus on building skills that you can apply for a lifetime, including: communication, leadership, presentation, project management, resiliency, personal flexibility and technology. Through meaningful work, interns will:
• Learn how to think critically and act logically to solve problems and make decisions
• Use computers, technology, tools and information systems effectively
• Build and work in teams
• Develop leadership skills through taking ownership and responsibility of projects
• Learn how to develop a positive attitude toward change