Media Intern (Video/Audio)Waverley Knobs
Music Booker/ Agent InternBlvckPrint Mgmt
Public Relations Intern for Entertainment Management CompanyBlvckPrint Mgmt
Administration/Social MediaKG Enterprises
Artist ManagementNT Entertainment
PERSONAL ASSISTANTExcess Productions
Event InternBookmark This
205 Montrose Avenue.
Posted: October 14 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMicShopNYC is a membership based network for comedians, comedy venues, and comedy festivals. By comedians, for comedians - we serve as a support network for comedians focused on and consistently working towards a career in comedy. We also support the venues that host underground comedy events, as well as the show producers and comedy festivals that cater to the underground comedy scene. MicShopNYC supports it's members with the following divisions:
1) MicShopNYC Services - Design and marketing services to assist comedians, show producers, venues, and festivals with branding, marketing, and social media presence.
2) MicShopNYC Membership - Booked mics, training, networking, and exposure. The invite only network's membership is chosen by current members, with new members nominated based on three criteria:
How supportive of other comedians the comedian is.
How professional the comedian is when approaching their craft and career.
How talented the comedian is.
3) MicShopNYC Media - an online magazine, subscription email, and Youtube channel (This Week in Comedy) that focuses on the underground comedy scene. Utilizing our network of professional comedians, comedy show producers, and underground comedy venues, we curate a list of "Must See" shows each week to let fans of underground comedy know what shows to check out every day of the week. We also interview the hottest underground comedians and underground comedy show producers, as well as the venues that support underground comedy.
This internship is in our membership division supporting our live training and practice mic events.
ResponsibilitiesThe MicShopNYC Mic Intern assists in the administrative and operational duties for their specific mic. This includes:
1) Oversight of the list of comics performing, and management of the booking, confirmation and thank you emails to those comics.
2) Day of show responsibilities include assisting in running the show, which includes: room set up, greeting the comics, managing check in, and assisting the host with the clock and gifts as necessary.
3) Light social media duties to support pre and post marketing of events
RequirementsThe Mic Intern should be detail oriented, organized, and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision. This candidate should also be personable and professional, as they will interact with both comics and venue personnel as a representative of MicShopNYC.
Candidate must have:
Laptop / computer
Proficiency in Google Docs
Familiarity with Mailchimp a plus (will train appropriate candidate)
3 days available a week for event assistance
Available for a weekly call to discuss projects via phone / internet.
Available for a monthly group meeting in person.
SkillsRequired - Google Apps
Preferred - Social Media, MailChimp