PUBLIC RELATIONS MARKETING INTERNTHE A ALLENGROUP
Production Office Part Time InternshipProspect House Entertainment
Talent Agency InternGotham Artists
MOVIE NEWS WRITER/RESEARCHERMxdwn Movies
Modeling and talent agency looking for an internGenetic Models
TV Development Internship | North Hollywood | *SCHOOL CREDIT ONLYTremendous Entertainment
The Philadelphia Acting Studio InternshipThe Philadelphia Acting Studio
The VeryVera Show InternVeryVera
Grant WriterBookmark This
85th Street Productions
Posted: June 10 2016
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Description85TH STREET PRODUCTIONS is a New York based independent film and theater production company dedicated to telling dynamic, artist-driven stories that engage audiences in examining the world and themselves.
Intern Role: This position will be specifically working with 85th Street Productions founder, Brian Spitulnik, and will have exposure to the company's creative team and broader network. As 85th Street Production's Grants Intern, the primary responsibility will be to assist with researching appropriate funders for project-specific grants, and the execution and submission of grants. 85th Street Productions needs an intern capable of researching funding opportunities within guidelines and writing compelling grants for eligible funding. This would require an intern with strong research, writing, and analytical skills. The intern will gain tangible skills in grant writing relevant to independent filmmaking, as well as commercial and non-profit theater. School credit possible.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities: Grant Writing
1. Assist with research of new funders to develop a grants calendar.
2. Draft compelling grant proposals.
3. Research relevant statistics for proposals.
4. Cast the vision of 85th Street Productions to funders.
1. Junior or Senior level university student or graduate with experience in English, Writing, and/or Communications.
2. Excellent writing, verbal, proof reading, and editing, skills.
3. Professional phone and email communication is required.
4. Previous experience in research and/or grant writing.
5. Understanding of, or prior work/volunteer experience, in the entertainment industry is preferred.
6. Flexible and self-motivated.
7. Detail oriented, with ability to prioritize under a deadline.
7. Ability to plan and work with various groups of people, and sensitivity to 85th Street Production's mission.
SkillsRequired - Grant Writing, Communication Skills, Grant Preparation, Organization Skills, Writing and Editing, Grant Research, Grant Applications
Preferred - Entertainment Industry, Film Industry, Theater