Web Editorial / Journalism InternAnnapolis Broadcast System
2017 Music Industry InternshipSwiftSongs LLC
AUDIO PRODUCER & RECORDING INTERN NEEDED ASAP (NOW) IN LANHAM MD.LYVA services
Intership for Talent Management and Production CompanyArtistic Endeavors
Office Assistant and Photobooth AttendantCWDJ ENTERTAINMENT & PHOTOBOOTHS
Literary Management Intern - Writ LargeWrit Large
Intern for Talent AgentSLA
Spring InternBass/Schuler Entertainment
Grant WriterBookmark This
85th Street Productions
Posted: June 10 2016
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Description85TH STREET PRODUCTIONS is a New York based independent film and theater production company dedicated to telling dynamic, artist-driven stories that engage audiences in examining the world and themselves.
Intern Role: This position will be specifically working with 85th Street Productions founder, Brian Spitulnik, and will have exposure to the company's creative team and broader network. As 85th Street Production's Grants Intern, the primary responsibility will be to assist with researching appropriate funders for project-specific grants, and the execution and submission of grants. 85th Street Productions needs an intern capable of researching funding opportunities within guidelines and writing compelling grants for eligible funding. This would require an intern with strong research, writing, and analytical skills. The intern will gain tangible skills in grant writing relevant to independent filmmaking, as well as commercial and non-profit theater. School credit possible.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities: Grant Writing
1. Assist with research of new funders to develop a grants calendar.
2. Draft compelling grant proposals.
3. Research relevant statistics for proposals.
4. Cast the vision of 85th Street Productions to funders.
1. Junior or Senior level university student or graduate with experience in English, Writing, and/or Communications.
2. Excellent writing, verbal, proof reading, and editing, skills.
3. Professional phone and email communication is required.
4. Previous experience in research and/or grant writing.
5. Understanding of, or prior work/volunteer experience, in the entertainment industry is preferred.
6. Flexible and self-motivated.
7. Detail oriented, with ability to prioritize under a deadline.
7. Ability to plan and work with various groups of people, and sensitivity to 85th Street Production's mission.
SkillsRequired - Grant Writing, Grant Applications, Grant Preparation, Grant Research, Writing and Editing, Organization Skills, Communication Skills
Preferred - Entertainment Industry, Film Industry, Theater