Television/ Film Development Intern - to hire after 2 monthsSlattery Films
General InternAdore Creative
Fashion Stylist InternshipLuxe League Group,LLC
Executive Assistant ( Secondary Manager)Luxe League Group,LLC
Mobile app developerThe Insider Tales
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Ready Set Impact
Internship for Partos CompanyPartos Company
$5K Paid Entertainment Industry Fellowship & Training WorkshopTaliesin Nexus
Literary Intern For Talent Management CompanyBookmark This
Aspire Talent Management
Posted: October 24 2015
Company Location: Santa Monica, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are a boutique talent management and production company based in Santa Monica, CA, representing actors, producers and writers in all areas of film, television, web, theater, commercial and voiceover. Our mission is to connect all the dots in a multi-hyphenate's career. We specialize in building industry relationships, branding and unifying our clients' multiple facets into one strategy that intersects all platforms.
This is a virtual commitment with a fluid schedule of 15-20 hours per week. There is no pay for this position. You can do this from anywhere with a computer and internet connection. You must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program and able to earn college credit in order to qualify for this position.
We're looking for a candidate who is interested in Literary representation and wants to learn about marketing in the entertainment industry from a talent rep's & producer's perspective. The intern will learn about client & production strategy, interact with clients, agents and casting, research projects and assist in marketing efforts for clients on social media campaigns, learn how to use VarietyInsight, read scripts, provide coverage and participate in other tasks and special projects.
Be prepared to have intimate access to our core team and the opportunity to juggle multiple responsibilities in relation to research, distribution marketing, script coverage and social media.
Responsibilities- Assist managers in marketing communications with clients & collaborators (33 actors, 5 screenwriters, 2 producers & 6 production teams). This includes, but is not limited to, script coverage, industry research, assisting with edits to client materials ( headshots, reels, clips, scripts, bibles, synopses, etc) and seeking out details of projects clients are involved with for social media sharing.
- Use of Google Calendar to build, follow and share social media plans with the rest of the team.
- Keep track of all people, companies and projects to tag in posts.
- IMDB page maintenance
- Read pilot scripts to break down for story & comprehensive character lists
- Tracking air dates for clients' new projects
- Creating marketing materials for our actors & writers such as simple postcards, flash cards & one-sheets
- Resizing photos for email pitches & managing the video links and photo collections we maintain for clients
- Assisting on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications especially Word and Excel, facility in Photoshop and Dropbox.
- Experience/interest in representing talent (actors & writers specifically), producing, casting or entertainment PR
- Intimate understanding & high-level use of major social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Youtube, Vimeo & other social media platforms.
- Familiarity with IMDBPro, Actors Access/Breakdown Services platform, Variety Insights a plus
- Video editing skills a plus