Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Xtreme Talent School of Arts, Inc.
Seeking intern in the entertainment industryDigz Media Group
Executive AssistantFuture Fires Entertainment
Recording EngineerFuture Fires Entertainment
Marketing InternFuture Fires Entertainment
Festival University Intern at The ShedGingerbread Shed
Entertainment ReporterSarah Scoop, LLC
freelance writer / EditorPurple Power LLC.
Music Industry Intern at Concrete MarketingBookmark This
37-24 24th Street
Long Island City, NY
Posted: October 06 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionConcrete Marketing is seeking an Intern, to join our team at our office in Long Island City, NY.
Concrete Marketing has been serving the marketing, promotional, informational and production needs for the music, entertainment and related industries since 1984. Concrete has been the receipt of numerous sales (gold, platinum and multi-platinum) awards, as well as trade and humanitarian awards. Concrete has a solid reputation built on excellent work and delivering results for their clients and community. We have had the privilege to work with some of the greatest artists as well as premiere companies in the entertainment business and continue to push the envelope to create, promote and market music as well as non music products that wish to incorporate music in their overall initiatives. We are a small company and interns play an important role in many of our important projects. Interns are exposed to many areas and a variety of projects. http://www.concreteplanet.com/
We are seeking a dedicated, pro-active, organized person with acute attention to detail and the desire to learn about several areas of the industry. You will be working directly with the CEO of the company, helping him with day-to-day tasks as well as project work so you need to be adaptable and capable of prioritizing your workload.
About The Job: We are looking for an INTERN that brings many of the qualifications needed to the job and can learn the rest over a short amount of time.
ResponsibilitiesDuties & Responsibilities:
Please find duties and responsibilities outlined below. Please note that this list is not exhaustive, but covers the main requirements.
● Good critical thinking and decision-making skills
● Must be able to work independently
● Technical skills - Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PPT, Excel, Outlook are a must)
● Organizational skills for maintaining records, schedules and workflow for CEO (including
but not limited to calendar management, arranging travel, correspondence, etc.)
● Excellent telephone skills- you will be dealing with customers, record companies, artists,
business partners, publishers, manufactures, advertisers, etc.
● Good communication skills
● Able to perform various office administrative tasks - proofreading correspondence,
clerical functions (including but not limited to processing mail, electronic filing, database
upkeep, preparing paperwork, scheduling, etc.)
● Ensuring organizational effectiveness and efficiency
● Social Media – establishment and maintenance for company
● Performing additional tasks as needed for CEO and Operations Manager
● Strong writing skills
● Excellent follow up skills
● Internet savvy (Proficient with using the internet as a research tool)
● Interest in music industry and/or marketing
● Highly organized and resourceful with acute attention to detail
● Social Network savvy
● Demonstrate a high level of discretion in dealing with highly confidential documents and
● Team Player
● Ability to multitask and prioritize
● Able to maintain composure and function in high pressure and fast paced situations
● Proficient in both Mac & PC
● Computer programs - Microsoft office (must be very proficient in word and excel; should
be familiar with powerpoint), iTunes, Google docs, etc.
● Experience with photoshop/illustrator or graphic arts knowledge a plus.
● Experience with word press a plus