Film Festival Social Media Manager InternFMG inc.
Part Time Paid Internship at Indie Music LabelRed Bull Records
COMEDY CONVENTION IN LOS ANGELES-STAFFFemales in Comedy Association
Event Coordinator InternCre8t2 Branding Agency
Graphic Design Intern ASAPTres Chic Entertainment Inc.
A&R InternCre8t2 Branding Agency
Social Media and Marketing InternIronic Music Booking Agency LLC
MUSIC MANAGEMENT/PRODUCTION COMPANY INTERNSHIPBookmark This
Posted: March 27 2015
Company Location: Los Angeles, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 4 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOur company is a management, label and lifestyle marketing company that builds brands. Immersed in music, film, technology, and fashion not only identifies what's next in culture; they are the culture. Our staff has unparalleled relationships and access within these closed industries. We use an under-the-radar, non-traditional, viral marketing approach to influence the influencer. We capture those individuals with a sophisticated urban mindset, people considered 'early adopters' or 'influencers' and ignite a chain reaction. This unique marketing paradigm works. This internship is ideal for students interested in learning about all the logistical ins and outs of managing musical artists, running a label, producing and directing film/tv and working behind the scenes in the fashion world. You will help our management and marketing teams organize artists’ affairs and help the office run smoothly. Candidates must be proactive, responsible, able to act appropriately with our high profile artists and uphold strict policy of non-disclosure. This position does not offer students benefits as part of the internship program but it does provide a wealth of knowledge and on the job experience. Upon completion you will be provided with documentation showing you successfully completed your internship. Generally this is needed to meet the requirements for obtaining academic credit through educational institutions as part of an internship program. Upon an outstanding completion of the probationary period with our company (90 days), you will be brought on as a full time paid assistant or higher ranking should you prove to be a valuable addition to the team. The exposure to all aspects of the business we handle and networking opportunities will be invaluable to candidates aspiring to work in the music industry.
Responsibilities- Computing and processing expenses of International Product Managers
- Processing invoices for expenses incurred in the process of creating and modifying International album artwork and from promotional activities and tours
- Overseeing department finances (marketing/promo budgets, expense reports)
- Ordering and distributing information on and physical product of music videos for artists
- Monitoring Release Dates in for Digital Releases
- Assisting the implementation of managing 360 Deals internationally for US-signed artists (including brand partnerships, touring, D2F, merchandising, etc.)
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/Internet
- Highly developed communication skills
- Working knowledge of online and digital marketing
- Ability to work in a team environment in order to accomplish common international goals
- Extremely Proactive
- Exceptional Problem Solving Skills
- Flexibility with schedule/availability during after-hours and weekends to attend any urgent issues
- Confidence in Communication/Ability to speak w/ company and/or management on behalf of International Product Managers, and occasionally on behalf of President
- General Understanding of all forms of contemporary music and Artist Development
- Working knowledge of the world and general knowledge of world geography and culture
- Knowledge of Label’s artists’ music and statistics
- Ability to understand and/or speak foreign languages
- Knowledge of record label structure / Internship w/ another record company
- Highly developed communication skills
- Bachelor Degree
- Candidate must be extremely organized, self-starter, fast learner and must possess analytical skills, an ability to work under pressure, an ability to work on own but within a team oriented environment, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Preferable, but not essential, prior record label or music publishing, or other entertainment, media, or new media related experience.
Requirements- Digital Camera / Smartphone that takes pictures
- Proper and Reliable Transportation is MANDATORY
- Own Laptop with full Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Reliable Contact Methods (email, phone)
- Booking studio time, travel arrangements, and housing accommodations for artists.
- Reviewing artist management contracts and various other legal documents.
- Compiling Excel spreadsheets, supervise phone lines, and maintain an organized, efficient office space.
- Reviewing new artist, client, producer submissions and determining acts with potential for commercial success.
- Assisting in creating sets for music videos and making final decisions for album artwork.
- Monitor/Manage social sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, etc. for all roster
- Compile and record weekly social media statistics for all artists
- Participate in company-wide meetings to drill down on all aspects of our business.
- Collect articles, tweets, and other web data during specific launches
- Uploading and quality checking multi-media
- Social Media Management and outreach
- Researching new Social Media and potential outlets
- Coordinating with a team for promotion and releases
- Email management and administrative duties
- Coordinating licensing deals and contracting artists
- Coding and submitting invoices, tracking payments
- Requesting royalty codes
- Invoice adjustments
- Setting up and maintaining vendors, requesting tax forms
- Travel arrangements for recording sessions
- Maintaining travel budgets
- Royalty department inquiries
- Downloading and burning master refs
- Routing & coordination of production samples for approvals
- Expense reports (Concur)
- Ordering CDs and vinyl for Nonesuch closet, maintaining inventory
- CD & vinyl sendouts to artists, management, producers, engineers, etc.
- Distribute mail, packages
- Creating weekly international marketing updates and sending out to the world
- Updating territories on the domestic market and progress of U.S. sales by sending weekly Soundscan charts and Chart Positions
- Assisting with creation of promotional tour itineraries and planning flights, hotel, and travel documents
- Assisting product managers with management of budgets for promotional activities and tours
- Updating ISSAC (asset system) in order to reflect the most current digital marketing tools for territories’ use
- Liasing between management and affiliate labels in order to coordinate interviews and promotional activities
- Updating phone interview documents and passing onto management and connecting phone interviews for territories
- Coordinating international press days with product managers, management, artists, and press
- Liasing between territories and domestic production team in order to have Watermarked albums and streams created and distributed to international product managers and press.
- Assistance with administrative duties