Buisness/Marketing InternsGoBelieve Culture
Asst Editor / Video ProducerRound Seven
Spring InternBass/Schuler Entertainment
Social Media / Marketing InternAMF Entertainment
Event PlannerMogul Mommies Inc.
Editorial / Journalism InternMogul Mommies Inc.
Social Media & Community Management InternMogul Mommies Inc.
Public Relations Intern 2016Bookmark This
Miss California Latina
Posted: May 23 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Miss California Latina™ and Miss Teen California Latina™ pageant is the largest state pageant in the United Stated for Latinas. The mission is to empower women of Latin and Hispanic origin living in California and enable them to embrace and showcase their Latin American culture while serving the community.
The Miss California Latina and Miss Teen California Latina pageants provide personal and professional opportunities for young women to take pride their in culture, have a voice in politics, and in-turn, make a difference in the community. The organization provides a forum where the beauty, viewpoints, talents and accomplishments of young Latinas are not only highlighted, but have a purpose.
Miss California Latina and Miss Teen California Latina are the preliminaries to the national Miss Latina US and Miss Teen US Latina, the most prestigious and well known pageant in the world for U.S. Latinas, as well as the longest-running (since 1983).
This is a virtual position, time is flexible, and scheduling work hours is the Interns responsibility. Intern will be working very closely with State Director and organization’s staff in development of their personal learning goals as well as project goals and tasks. Weekly progress reports will be due to ensure intern is meeting assignments as well as meeting their learning objectives. Deadlines must be met and the intern must be able to work in a virtual capacity. Please go to www.MissCalifonriaLatina to familiarize yourself with the organization, its mission and the State Owner and Director.
There is some pay/reimbursements. Interns will have the opportunity to receive college credits for the completion of this internship. Letter of recommendations and referrals will be provided by the state owner based on internship performance.
Responsibilities• Work on development of media lists.
• Research and assist in coordination of media opportunities in the state of California.
• Attend media events related with contestants and current Miss and Teen California Latina titleholders.
• Assist in the writing of media alerts, press releases, press materials, tip sheet updates, photo captions, etc.
• Monitor and document print, television, radio and internet press coverage.
• Assist in management of all online social and networking media for the Miss California Latina organization.
Requirements• Position requires maturity, strong research skills and attention to detail.
• Candidate must be proactive and take initiative.
• Candidate must have good time management skills and meet deadlines.
• Candidate must have good communication and writing skills.
• Must have an interest in social media.
• Knowledge in MS Office and Internet.
• Proficiency with Twitter, Facebook and other social media.
• Must have own computer with internet access.