SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNKingston5 Productions
GRAPHIC DESIGNER - Arts & Entertainment CompanyCoxy USA Inc.
WEB & SOCIAL MEDIA ASSISTANT - Arts & Entertainment CompanyCoxy USA Inc.
Event Planning & DesignCouture Concepts NY
Country Music Entertainment Editor's assistant (internship) - School Credit ONLYNashvilleCountryClub.com
Entertainment Sales ReseachVisionary Licensing
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Elite Sports & Entertainment Management Agency
Special Events InternshipH3 Concepts
Youth Dance Mentor (Intern Instructor)Bookmark This
The Umbrella of Artistic Expression, LLC
Posted: December 01 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionYouth Dance Mentors (intern instructor) must be capable of teaching students in a variety of methods, from demonstration to verbal direction. Youth Dance Mentors should demonstrate compassion and concern for the academic and physical well-being of their dancers. In addition to choreographing and teaching routines, dance mentors must monitor the progress of his or her team and vary instruction to meet the needs of individual members.
Dance mentors need to be limber and able to present and follow choreography. He or she must be able to relate to younger dancers and be willing to listen to dancers' feedback.
Location: TBA We are a mobile company and travel to our partner’s location. You may have more than one location during your internship, but not more than one location at the same time. All locations are local within the Philadelphia area, focusing on the North Philadelphia and the West Oak Lane area.
Please submit resume, references (3), and cover letter. Also a video of your work is preferred, via web link.
Responsibilities• Acting as a mentor or role model
• Providing a safe environment—physical, emotional, and psychological
• Showing respect for all students through
o a fair and equitable distribution of time
o the use of encouraging language in offering positive reinforcement, constructive criticism, and acknowledgment of achievements
• Offering challenges that will raise them to the next level
• Encouraging them to progress to next level and/or teacher
• Making everyone, regardless of ability level, feel included
• Providing appropriate discipline
• Engaging in an appropriate relationship
• Delivering the best possible age-appropriate skills, content, and materials (including movement, terminology, music, choreography, technique, and historical influences)
• Modeling a healthy lifestyle
• Establishing clear expectations for behavior and attire
• Offering criteria for being respectful, appropriate audience members
RequirementsDance mentors must have a strong background in the performing arts, including experience in hip hop, jazz, and modern dance.
Dance mentors must be passionate about the arts.