Land & Trails Intern - Mass Audubon South Coast SanctuariesMass Audubon South Coast Sanctuaries
Sierra Club Electric Vehicles & Future Fleet Campaign InternshipSierra Club
Summer Internship in Environmental Education and LiteratureBookTrails
Climate Change & Fundraising InternWorld Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
Environmental Assistants at the Sierra ClubMassachusetts Sierra Club
Project Manager – Climate Adaptation PartnershipBookmark This
Business Applications System Analyst
New York, NY
DescriptionProject Manager – Climate Adaptation Partnership
The Global Climate Change Adaptation Partnership (GCAP) is an international company that develops robust, flexible climate adaptation solutions aligned with the unique institutional requirements of our clients, from national planning to local operations. Our distinctive approach combines in-depth knowledge and access to vast amounts of data-from climate to vulnerability, impacts and adaptation options-with strong operational and planning insights.
GCAP develops solutions through an expanding network of offices and leading experts located in regions where adaptation services are most in demand.
As the pace of climate change accelerates, businesses, donors and governments are increasingly engaging in efforts to determine sound climate adaptation solutions. In order to maintain its significant growth, GCAP seeks Project Managers to help support and run our growing number of climate adaptation projects.
Successful candidates should meet the following criteria:
• 10+ years experience managing international and/or regional climate change and adaptation projects
• English speaking and comprehension fluency. Additional languages are a plus.
• Ability to handle international and regional travel
• Excellent skills in time management
• Ability to work remotely from home office, company offices and independently
• Excellent Team player
• Successful applicants must be committed to the GCAP vision: client oriented services, team building and multi-disciplinary assessment
Due to the unique nature of Climate Adaptation projects, the following skills and experience are required:
• Experience working in the Climate Change and Climate Adaptation field
• Technical experience in any one or more of the following: climate science and impact assessment, training and capacity building, private sector and finance, national strategy and sectorial action plans, disaster risk reduction, sectorial expertise as it relates to climate change, climate change economics and finance, theory of change and facilitation, and monitoring and evaluation.
• Project Management, Communication and Presentation Skills
• Experience working across different sectors
• Experience working with Governments
• Knowledge of the major climate adaptation players in your area
Position Purpose and Expectations:
• Working with GCAP on a project-by-project basis
• Successfully managing projects on time and of high quality with an appropriate profit margin.
• Producing deliverables on time and of high quality
• Working closely with the GCAP senior leadership team.